TDA 1541A S2 and caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I have a question about your experiences with decoupling caps in conjunction with the TDA 1541A (S2).
I own a CD-7 Marantz which I am in the process of modifying.
Already replaced the output caps with great result!
Now i want to change the decoupling caps surrounding the two TDA 1541A S2's.
Below is a picture of the current caps (orange ones) with a value of 0,1µF 100VDC Film.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What would you advise as replacement upgrade? Wima MKS-4 or FKP?
Or something different? I found some reference to put a higher value cap on the LSB and the MSB (Kwak and Loesch). Could someone maybe explain why this is?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Ramon

I tried many diffrent caps and indeed my favourite were orange Philips MKT caps similar to these, but I got best reults with 0,56uF and 1uF values. Niether diffrent types of Wima nor Ero were better than Philips, but I haven't tried any of audiophile polypropylene caps. Maybe some SCR or Audyn KP-SN will be better.

Don't think they are philips mkt, I recall the prints are on top of cap for those mkt. And they are much thinner than the pic show for 0.1uf.
So better not pull them out of the Marantza and certainly don't replace them with wima mks. Some very high quality japanese caps are not known outside of japan.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.