ultranalog sacd enhancer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2006, 12:28 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Portugal
Default ultranalog sacd enhancer

Hi

I have searched for a shematics for building a simple and better analog output stage to my Sony DVD player(without sacd) .I'm not able to design my own.
There is one interesting output stage made with transistors at http://ultranalog.com/cdenhancer/sacdenhancer

I have few questions.

1.Does this work with AK4385 dac,it doesn't have DSD (1bit).As AK4383 in that SACD player has?

2.DAC1 and DAC2 in the shematic,what are they( L and R ?)There is R+,R-,L+,L- in the dac output?

3.There is only one output.Is it necessary to make two of these circuits,one for each channel,or one with two emitter followers?

4.Should I just forget it and copy the original output stage of my DVD player to a protoboard with good quality components and op amp like opa2132pa?

These are the questions for now .

__________________
xxx I should correct my spelling xxx
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 07:32 AM   #2
DolbyR is offline DolbyR  Finland
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
I can't really answer the first three questions but i guess the nr 4 would be the easiest and with the best possible components you can find/want to spend.
The 2134 should be high quality enough but you can also consider a better opamp.
I would recommend soldering a socket to the board to enable you the easy opamp swapping in future. i wont be that much bigger effort anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 08:12 AM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: .
Default Re: ultranalog sacd enhancer

Quote:
Originally posted by pikkujöpö
Hi

I have searched for a shematics for building a simple and better analog output stage to my Sony DVD player(without sacd) .I'm not able to design my own.
There is one interesting output stage made with transistors at http://ultranalog.com/cdenhancer/sacdenhancer

I have few questions.

1.Does this work with AK4385 dac,it doesn't have DSD (1bit).As AK4383 in that SACD player has?
Unless you are a bat or a dog, it doesn't matter at this point as the signal has been converted to analogue.

Quote:

2.DAC1 and DAC2 in the shematic,what are they( L and R ?)There is R+,R-,L+,L- in the dac output?
DAC1 is R+ or AOUTR+ and DAC2 is R- or AOUTR-.

Quote:

3.There is only one output.Is it necessary to make two of these circuits,one for each channel,or one with two emitter followers?
One circuit for each channel.

Quote:

4.Should I just forget it and copy the original output stage of my DVD player to a protoboard with good quality components and op amp like opa2132pa?
Try both starting with the sacdenhancer.

Quote:

These are the questions for now .

  Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 07:53 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Portugal
Big thanks for your answers

I think now I'm confident enough to try the output stage with the transistors.

Just one more question : There is a 5K potentiometer for distortion cancellation,I have no distortion analyzer anyway.Is the pot needed in this case? Any recomendations for resistor?

The soldering socket for op amps sounds like a good idea to use in the future.I have some listening experience with opa2132pa and i like their sound.There has been some recomendations for biasing it to class A with two resistors,maybe I will try it later.
__________________
xxx I should correct my spelling xxx
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ultranalog.com is back! Ruach Digital Source 2 17th September 2005 06:03 AM
What happend to ultranalog.com? Tazzy Everything Else 2 28th July 2005 07:37 AM
www.ultranalog.com is gone, anyone save a copy? Mark Hathaway Digital Source 16 27th January 2005 09:40 PM
Service with Ultranalog edmondchlee Digital Source 12 12th November 2004 08:52 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:54 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2