Need matched dual NPN transistors for I/V stage, quietest JFET for output buffer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m looking for matched dual /or/ pair NPN transistors for the I/V stage on my DAC board. Price is not an issue, what’s the best known available transistor/or/ dual transistors available?

I also wish to buffer the output with a JFET source – follower. My guess that the MPF102 might do fine, but, is there a much better choice of JFET? Might I be better off with a class A, or class B emitter-follower circuit?

ppl said:
IMHO Linear Intergrated systems makes some of the best Small sing transistors available. http://www.linearsystems.com/ also Analog devices MAT-02 and MAT-03 are nice Bipolars. Hope this helps

Wow, dual bipolar & dual J-Fet in SO-8 will make a real nice layout. The only problem here is to match 2 of each device, 1 pair for the Left, & other for the right.

Rough draft of my I/V section comming late tonight, maybe even some scope shots using MPSH10s & MPF102s!

Fred Dieckmann> I asm interested in why you would Think the 2Sj109 & 2SK389 would sound Better. I have used Both manuffactures Transistors and while The Toshiba's sound good IMHO I Think the Linear systems transistors are loser noise and lower Ciss. However i am open to your reasons

ppl said:
IMHO Linear Intergrated systems makes some of the best Small sing transistors available. http://www.linearsystems.com/ also Analog devices MAT-02 and MAT-03 are nice Bipolars. Hope this helps

I like the matching of the LS312. The only problem here is that I cant find any graphs for the component. When I design my Class A amps, I like to run the components in their sweet spots.

hatasa said:
Hi Brian,

I would like to know is it possible to connect with the +/-15 supply.

And I would like to ask is the Vout in balance mode if I connect the GND to VGGND?

Wrong topic, ask the question on the IV page...
>>>>>>>>>> I PLACED YOUR ANSWER THERE <<<<<<<<<<

---------------------------------
Toshiba JFET's data sheets.
Here ya go,

http://www.schuro.de/japan-dat.htm.

Later,

Brian Guralnick> I know what you mean I used the LS-312 & LS-352 as complimrntry Diff Amps in My Diy power amp. I read the Hfe vs Icq on the spec page and to me it looked like the gain started to drob above 3-4 Ma. I selected 2 Ma and this worked fine. later conversations with LIS's App Eng. confirmed this. I mentioned about the lack of Graphs and got a If you need graphs ya don't Know how to read data sheets. Da I already determond from the data sheet the 2Ma Icq point and so gess i read it right. boy thay sure sound good in that application to me.

Searching...

I have searched the web for a data sheet for the 2SC3381 and have yet to find one. Does anyone have a link to this datasheet or maybe willing to post the .pdf to the forum?

By the way, MCM Electronics had the 2SC3381 and the 2SA1349 in stock as of this morning--rather cheap too! I bought 20 of each.

Thanks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.