AD1865 w/ USB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am starting research for making a NOS DAC based on the AD1865. My sense is that I am pretty much going to use the audio note design (cs8414/74HC02/AD1865), perhaps with some tweaks.

I would, however, also like to add a USB input. The only way I can think to do this is to use a chip like the pcm2902 or pcm2707 to output s/pdif to the receiver. Are there any better options? Any suggestions would be most helpful.

-d

Hi all

Any progress on theAD1865 DAC with USB input? I am very interested into it, but a complete noob on designing, just a copying guy.

I like non oversampling DAC’s, I’ve got the CS8412, TDA1543, TDA1541A, AD1865. I am building a board for the CS8412 with microswitches to select the mode of operation, so it can feed all of the mentioned DAC chips, to allow comparison.

I recently found the USB input board from www.dddac.de using the PCM2707 chip. A very nice solution for the TDA1543 and I imagine also for the TDA1541A…but the DAC chip where I am most interested in, the AD1865, can probably not be (directly) supported through it. But if anyone has a solution I would like to see it very very much.

Erik

I did my own pcm2707 to tda1543 if you are interested: http://www.ecp.cc/NOS-USB-DAC.html The boards will cost you $60 for 3, but after that the components are pretty cheap (~$50 per board to populate it.)

As for the AD1865 -- I have made a little, but not much, progress. I am still working on it, but it is about 8th in line behind some other projects, so it'll be a few months. I still don't have any brilliant ideas for a different design though.

Hi dsavitsk

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks for the offer, sounds very nice, at first I thought: why would I use three boards, but then I thought: one for the main system, one for a portable dac and one for my hobby room. Just a question, silly one: does this one work for the TDA1541A too?

Erik

Hi dsavitsk

I should have been more specific. What I wanted to know is if the I2S output from the PCM chip can also be used to feed a TDA1541A. But now I read you are making a board for the TDA1541A I assume this can be done! Thinking about it, a board for the PCM2707 + TDA1541A would be great! I think there will be lots of interest in it! Let's see...

Erik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.