CD players SKIPPING... each is worse than the other

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a couple CD players I have been swapping in the effort to find one that doesn't skip at high volumes...

Old Sony... the worst
Pioneer 5 disk player... so so
Some Technics 100 disk thing I stole from my son... as bad or worse

I have tried several strategies of foam, bricks, tennis balls with little objective results.

Best so far... by a major factor is an A-Open 32X running off an AT power supply. Ugly, but when you want a lot of music, it is less susceptable to skipping at high volumes.

I would invite any recommendations for a more robust and less vibration prone CDP.

Are you running a dance studio? I've never witnessed volume related skipping on my Teac P-700 and don't believe it's even possible with this unit.

Of course you shouldn't delegate vibration isolation to just the cd player. Are you using a rack/support with any abilities in vibration control? Cones, ball-bearing, air-isolation? I suspect not if you get to extremes such as skipping.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.