CDM 4 laser compatibility

I must replace laser head´s i my Studer cd players , which have CDM4 pro (or 4/36) cd mehnanisms.

I can´t find the whole orginal mech , so i will buy some diferent version of CDM4 and just change the laser head unit with swing arm.

So my question is, are the laser units of CDM4/11 , 4/19 and 4/25 the same like one in CDM 4/36?
Visually they are but maybe some other diffrences are involved.

Thank´s for your help.

And yust one question for all of you here. Did someone buy some CDM-3 cd mehnanism from man who sell them here on Diyaudio , are they new? I am yust carefull becouse they are not cheap , I need one piece for old Studer A730.

Guido , you will probably find cd player with broken CDM3 before i will find new mechanism.

I am pretty mad couse Philips did not continue to produce CDM 1-9. They were the best mech. ever produced by any brand , exept Teac (VRDS).

I have five players at home and all of them use pro versions of Philips "swing arm" transports.

Rotel RCD990 - CDM9pro
Studer D731- CDM4pro (three)
Studer A730 - CDM3

I must replace laser head´s i my Studer cd players , which have CDM4 pro (or 4/36) cd mechanisms.

I can´t find the whole original mechanism, so i will buy some different version of CDM4 and just change the laser head unit with swing arm.
So my question is, are the laser units of CDM4/11 , 4/19 and 4/25 the same like one in CDM 4/36?
Visually they are but maybe some other differences are involved.
Thank´s for your help.
Today I have replace successful the laser unit from CDM-4/25 (Micromega SOLO). I get the replacement from an used CDM-4/11. Only a small mechanical difference I note in the spring plate fastening (spring plate for the bearing ball):
The openings near the screw holes were rectangular instead of round.

Another difference was the foil- (flex-)cable (connection to the laser unit) glued to the carrier plate of CDM-4/19, which was very difficult to detach without damaging one of the connections.

But what about replacing of this laser unit against a professional version (laser unit from CDM-4/36, CDM-4/53, CDM-1/MKII or CDM-4/IND resp. CDM-4 INDUSTRIAL) ??
check out
https://www.ebay.de/sch/acoustic-pa...5244195872&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562
and
https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/cl...m-4-cdm-1-mkii-cdm-9/?related_post_from=26597

Last edited: