CDM1, or CDM4 pro, or CDM4/21

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody!
First i want to say-Sorry about my english,it's not as well as i would like to be.
Well, i have a little problem, and i don't know anything about electronic, it means that i need a help of all of you;
I have Meridian 200 transport, and i think that it's laser is at the end of life:( , because often it has problem with skiping, or it doesn't want to read some of cd-rs for a couple of minutes when i put cd inside.Problem is in the fact that i have trouble to detect Philips transport in it.Somebody told me that it is cdm1, somebody cdm 4 pro, third person told me: "cdm 4/21!"
Does anybody knows what is the right answer:xeye: ??
Also i have Rotel rcd 855, with good transport, i think cdm4...So, is there any chance to change these two transports between Meridian and Rotel, if in Meridian is cdm4/21, or cdm4pro??
Thanks

anatech said:
Aligning the swing arm is something I won't do, not unless the CDM-4 is easier than it's earlier cousins.

-Chris

No alignment needed, indeed much easier than the cdm0/1. And it can be done without much problems (been there). Search here, many posts on this subject.

So get yourself a (cheap) playing philips and swap the laser. Look at your local second-hand shop and google the players you see there.

But maybe it is not the laser :cannotbe:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.