Technics SL-Z1000 laser unit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

First mail here, and imediately to ask for help!...

I have a 15 year old Technics SL-Z1000 CD transport that I adore. It is presently (hopefully not permanently) non functioning as it needs a new laser unit. Unfortunately Technics is not around anymore, although Matsushita, through Panasonis, is present. The laser unit in question (a modified SOAD70a, I was told) is not in stock with Panasonic anymore.
Does anyone know where to find this part, or at least the unmodified SOAD70a? I was also told by a technician that another one, called rfnkzl1000Ia would also fit (I wonder if it is a modified SOAD70a...). I also cold not find this in Panasonic.
I intend to keep this wondeful CD player alive. It is absurd that such an expensive piece of gear is stop because of one part only, while the remain is (at least to me knowledge and feeling) perfectly OK.
And it plays (when it does) better then 99.9% of the staff in the marker nowadays...

Thanks for the help!!

Best regards and Merry Christmas,

Pedro

Hello,

I am new on this forum.
I own a Technics SL Z 1000 too. It is a very good sounding machine. I combined it with the Audionote Dac 2.1 Sig.

I never had troubles with it. But now the transportholder does not com out sometimes.
How can you solve this problem. Is there any maintenance necessary??

technics SL-Z1000

I'm a total newbie to these type of sites.
Just wanted to know if there's somewhere I can take the unit to upgrade some parts like the caps.
I've seen many suggestions on this forum but won't be able to do anything myself.
I may be selling the DAC/transport combo as I've had it for years and want to try something different.

Unfortunately the diode 780nm isn't work properly and is much more visible to the eye than original. The CD want to read TOC but this not success. The strange is that inserting the DVD disc :) is want to read them exactly like CD and after one hour still trying. I think that laser wave is too short. I was replace diode again to the previous and working fine. I don't have more money to investigate what if put there 805nm. Maybe in future... If somebody want to try a suggest to watch for internal laser connecting there are 4 types with photodiodes.

Regards.

Hi everybody,
As I see many hi-fi fanatic are struggling same problem like me worldwide. I have an old Technics SL-PS 840 cd player in blameless condition but It needs a new SOAD70A laser pick up. Therefor if anybody know where and how can I get a new one, please inform me. I dont' wanna lose it!
Thanks, mates

SOAD-70A is nearly impossible to find new, but apart from the high-end players SL-P777, SL-P999, SL-Z1000 and others listed earlier, it was also used in some low-end Technics players e.g. SL-PJ27, which may be easier to locate for parts/spares.

In my experience, the laser diode and sled assembly will outlive the other electro-mechanicals - the problem parts are:

1) Spindle motor driver IC - AN8377 (replace)
2) Bypass capacitors (2) - 100uF/6.3V Panasonic KF (replace with miniature low-ESR caps)
3) Carbon-track coarse track-positioning sensor (clean with IPA)
4) Tray-motor pulley belt and sticky pulley (replace belt and lubricate pulley with a dash of silicone grease or WD40).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.