need help with sacd-setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,
I need some help in making a choice;
Some time ago I finished my new system;

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41043&highlight=

So I have decent speakers and amps.
I used three setups;
1- sony sacd xe-670 with LR48 active filters and passive attenuator (12steps/6 channels). Sound is very detailled,smooth but very weak low, and no real soundstage.
2- pioneer 575a with dcx2496 (digital connected and programming ok (LeCleach xls used, Oehlrich), same attenuator. Grainy, harsh, bit better soundstage, little low.
3- pioneer 575a with LR48 and same attenuator, so all analog again. Bit harsh,grainy, not really smooth. BUT SOUNDSTAGE! Nice low. So music is coming alive!

My question now is;
Go all analog with nice sacd-player(marantz), sell the rest OR
Fine tune my digital setup with (yet to make)high-res digital-out on 575. OR
Modify the analog output of either the sony or the pioneer?

Thanks for any usefull remarks/suggestions

aaronboumans,

Sorry, I can't offer any advice.

What are you using to implement LR48 (which I assume is L-R 48 dB/oct)?

I've been thuinking of using a DCX2496 for t6hat.

Also, recently someone said LR48 has a bump in response or something like that? Seems like you could hust spread the XO points to bring it down, assuming the bump is at XO.

Do you know anything about that?

I am aware of these things, that is why I bought and used a dcx(highly tweakable). But SoundQuality was so 'bad' that I dont know which direction to go! I believe bad SQ was not due to xo-points/eq/delays,etcetc
I now do believe I must try oehlrich's high res sacd-output and thierries dcx-outputstage before getting a new sacd-player (marantz sa8400 or sa7001)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.