troubleshooting philips cd650

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Philips CD650 croaked

Hey Luke

A fellow Wellingtonian here. How did you get on with resurrecting your Philips 650 ? This is a very old thread I know but I have the same model CDP and I have botched an attempt at changing the small caps between the opamps and output caps. Basically I have fried at least one of the pcb signal tracks. Hopefully I have only damaged this part of the board. I guess my question is: "how do I go about checking for left and right audio on the DAC" ? Providing it is still working can you suggest a practical way of restoring the analog stage that I was initially attempting to improve?

Cheers for any help you can offer.

Steve

Luke

That's OK, I've got schematics, but thanks anyway. I'll be out of town until 12/1/08, so have put my 650 in a cupboard for now. I'm wondering whether mine is worth anything to you for parts, or vice versa. When I return I'll call the tech at the NZ Audio Shop (Tim ?) He may have some ideas on a cheap fix for mine. It was running fine until I started tinkering (dammit). Is the pcb on yours OK ?

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.