uneven output on my 206

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI everyone, not talking about my puegot here, but my meridian. the output from the right speaker is alot weaker when using my cd player. i measured the outputs with my mulimeter and the voltages are lower on the right channel and other source components play evenly so know its not the amp. any suggestions?

Cheers

Hi,

You are going to need a CRO and circuit diagram. Follow the signal backwards until you get equal levels on both channels. The fault is probably in analog section or muting circuitry. Your CD player may have a discrete analog buffer section. This is good place to start.

Visually check the PCB for any signs of overheating. These are the most likely problem places in any unit.

Check if the power supply lines' levels are the same for both channels. Even better - measure the voltage drop across the resistors placed in series with the power supply lines. Voltage drops should be the same for both channels.

Avoid guessing - you could end up with damaged PCB.

If you are uncertain what to do - give it to a good technician (or one of us on forums close to where you live)

Good luck

Extreme_Boky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.