Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2005, 11:25 AM   #1
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
Default DAC PCB Design

Hi.
Does anyone have a pcb design for a NOS dac similar to the DAC Attack board? CS8412 + TDA1543

Secondly, can anyone design a board for the CS8412 and a DAC chip. The requirements here being that tha DAC mounting are shoud be 'universal' i.e. able to take 8/16 pin etc rewirable as required?

Thanks

Andy
Old 30th November 2005, 03:13 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

...stand by a little bit, could come in the next couple days...
Old 30th November 2005, 04:05 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

On this site (german) you will find one DAC with one TDA1543 and one with eight (both with shematic and pcb layout):
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Lese...Projekt/CD.htm

Tom
Old 30th November 2005, 04:05 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Sorry, the second one is only with four TDAs..
Old 30th November 2005, 08:13 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
Thanks for the replies.

The first dac is the same as the DAC Attack, the second looks interesting. [Unfortunately, there is a language problem. ] The site includes a link for a dac kit. Sadly, the guy is no longer doing kits.

What I am looking for is either a source of boards or the cad file so I can get it made.

12 Cents - are you designing a board?
Which one?

Do you design boards? If so , are you contactable direct?

Andy
Old 30th November 2005, 11:11 PM   #6
dddac is offline dddac  Germany
diyAudio Member

check my site for a 1 to 8 dac design. Boards and kits are on stock

regards

doede
Old 1st December 2005, 04:22 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The first dac is the same as the DAC Attack, the second looks interesting. [Unfortunately, there is a language problem. ] The site includes a link for a dac kit. Sadly, the guy is no longer doing kits.
What I am looking for is either a source of boards or the cad file so I can get it made.
I've build the first one without any problems. It's the same as the second, the only difference are the four TDAs, I think.
I also can't make PCBs for myself. I ask the guy who has made the design, which size the layout has that you can see on the page. With the picture and the size I got a ready board from a guy who offers a PCB service on eBay. 10 Euros for one PCB incl. shipping.

Tom
Old 1st December 2005, 04:25 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

thanks Tom,

Does the guy have a name?

Andy
Old 1st December 2005, 05:00 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi Andy,

I'm afraid I can't offer you much more than what I do for myself, I'm doing a layout with CS8412/14, TDA1543 and opamp out (datasheet). I want to build it first and show it then. Unfortunately with my situation here at home it can be a few days/weeks.

Cheers,
Lukas

You can contact me of course by using the email button.
Old 1st December 2005, 06:54 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
thanks Tom,

Does the guy have a name?

Andy
You are talking from the guy who has designed the pcb?
His nickname in the forum of the page I have linked is "Obelix". The direct link to the forum is:
http://www.f23.parsimony.net/forum45451/themen.htm
You can post there without registration, maybe he will answer you there. I just searched for his e-mail adress but I can't find

Tom

Hide this!Advertise here!