inexpensive cd player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Bruce,
Depends on your criterion. If you get a $100 dollar CD player (new) and it works for a while - great. I will not sound very good compared to the better ones.

A good sounding CD player to me is over $1500 CDN. It's just the way things are. Understand I have many years in the business and service some very expensive combinations. I've been spoiled. So has my wife.

So your question depends greatly on your point of reference.

-Chris

PS2 better than greystation?

I have both. I never had tried music through the PS2. PS1s are so cheap, check a local buyn'sell type paper, Craig's list, or pawn shops. I bought mine for $16USD at a local pawn shop. Try to get a model 1001, it has a built in power supply, and separate RCA out jacks.. It sounds way too good to be true, but it is:)

I received this advice from someone in the HiEnd bussiness but I've been unable to try it myself because of lack of 220VAC working units: :bawling:

Buy a Samsung HD841 multiformat player and change the output opamps for better ones (this is DIYaudio forum, you know :D )
say OPA2134...
You will end with a probably decent CD player, plus SACD, DVDaudio, DVDvideo, ...etc

Afterwards you may change PCord, rectifiers, PS cap ...etc (the usual stuff...)

Good luck.
Mauricio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.