SACD 1000 DVD-R/DVD+R compatible

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

From time to time I see SACD1000 for sale; I had the opportunity to listen to one and I really liked the sound. ;)

Since I use some burned DVD's for listen (VOB files without any image, but 96/24 resolution) that I create with the amazing program DVD2one from here: www.eximius.nl

Later, with Nero I burn the files onto a DVD+R, and play it with my sh*tty Sony DVD-SACD player, with satisfactory results, but that's all.

I'd like to buy the Philips SACD1000, but it must either read the DVD+R or the DVD-R, rewritable is not needed.

Has anybody experience with it? The one I tried was a preproduction model, and didn't work 100% such as disk eject and so; and with DVD+R playback it cuts the music every 10 seconds or so, wery very short - this is very annoying of course.

Thanks for you help

Dan

Do NOT buy the SACD1000. It is a machine with lethal problems: the servoboard uses big chips that die prematurely...in ALL machines ever made!
A working machine is even a rarity nowadays.

And those chips are not available anymore. Chech the various audio forums...keywords "SACD1000" and "Furore".

Agreed. You should avoid the SACD1000 at all costs. I have been trakcing and researching the issue for a couple years now. The only person who really knew how to repair them has stopped working on them because Philips no longer makes the necessary replacement parts and they also do not acknowledge that there are/were any problems. The company's customer support and accountability are horrible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.