NAD CD-502, worth upgrading?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey everyone. being a budget-orientated DIY'er i was thinking if it would be more benefitial to get a decent CD player new, or just modify my current NAD CD-502. its a decent little player i guess, but im just curious if money would be better spent on something new.

also, im soon to be making chassis for my aleph2's, and figured, while im at it, i might as well make a nice pretty matching chassis for the cd player too. would this help sound if done right? the "guts" of the cd player are just kinda thrown in there and resting on nylon standoffs... i think with a little work, it could sound a world better (not to mention beefier power supplier, better caps, etc...).

any advice (keeping budget in mind...)? oh, i should also add i can get some mid-fi stuff incredibly cheap. (ie - pioneer elite, sony ES, entry level krell, etc... ) i work at a mid-fi shop now, and i usually can get it all around 60% off MSRP. thanks again guys.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.