Test CD for CD player adjustment - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th January 2011, 12:14 AM   #101
dacen is offline dacen  Norway
diyAudio Member

Measured the -7V +7V and 5V supply to the servo board. You are right they are rock stable so no problem there. (measured with an oscilloscope while the player was running) Lubricated very carefully the sledge guide when I had it apart. Will test further tomorrow. I have modified the player to be slaved from the clock sitting in my separate dac. The clock is transferred by fiber optic cable ST connection and glass fiber. No Toslink. Have a switch mounted inside the player so I can use either the internal x-tal or the one coming from the dac. As you may have noticed the internal dac in the player uses 45.1584 Mhz X-tal, but the transport and servo board runs on a 16.9344 Mhz x-tal. These two oscillators are synchronized with an 128fs signal coming from the dac chip and is injected into the 16.9 Mhz oscillator. Have no reason yet to suspect the clock being the culprit.
Old 9th January 2011, 07:44 AM   #102
Salar is offline Salar  Germany
diyAudio Member

Maybe it is the controller?
I once had a Sony player that skipped slightly, independend of being cold or warm.
Found out that the controller for the players functions was defective.

My CDP-X5000 also sometimes does not move the the disc when the lid is closed.
I checked the switch under the lid and even heightened it a bit.
The switch and contacts are working. Still, the problem persists.
All the best, Sal
Old 9th January 2011, 03:43 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

Microcontroller is the last thing I would suspect. After lubrication the player does not skip anymore when cold. I also notice that the movement of the disc and spindle motor during a seek function is completely different. Before lubrication, when doing a seek function it would seek and stop emmediately and start playing very often several seconds into the track. Now it stops and do some small adjustments before it starts playing. The sound from the player when jumping from track to track is totally different. Since there are brass bushings inside the plastic housing i took the chance and added very very tiny drops of bicycle chain oil. This oil is very sticky and probably not the correct one to use inside a plastic housing. (Does anybody in here have the knowledge of what would be the correct lubricant/grease?) This additive actually dampens the movement of the sled. Since this player is moving the whole disc and spindle motor instead of only the optical pickup, it has to move more weight and it seems to need more of a damping of the movement. I think we are into something here !!!!
Old 9th January 2011, 04:41 PM   #104
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

I have always used this,
ELECTROLUBE|SPG35SL|SPECIAL PLASTICS GREASE 35ML | CPC

Suitable for metal and plastic in any combination of surfaces. Sony used to recommend a special hypoid oil for early pickups with metal rails both sides .
Old 9th January 2011, 06:22 PM   #105
diyAudio Member

Have anybody in here any idea what this is. Under the cover under the disc. Cdp x5000
Scroll down to under the X-tal oscillator. The thing inside the yellow square with China lettering
http://www.cndiyclub.com/bbs/read.php?tid=15908
Old 9th January 2011, 06:29 PM   #106
diyAudio Moderator

Can't see a yellow square... how many pictures down from the top are you looking ?
Old 9th January 2011, 07:53 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

Default Picture

22.jpg
Old 9th January 2011, 08:23 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Salar : If you need the schematic diagram (service manual) for this player I will gladly send it to you by E-mail. If you follow the open/close switch from the keyboard you will see that it ends up on pin 45 IC201 which has a pull up resistor 6.8K to 5V. When the lid switch is operated you pull this signal to ground. This signal also goes to the laser control IC1 M52104 pin 22. Shuts the laser down when you open the lid. You have to see that this signal is present all the way to the IC's.
Old 10th January 2011, 07:46 AM   #109
diyAudio Moderator

Dunno what that is. Looks almost like a metalised cardboard shield.
Old 31st January 2011, 07:45 AM   #110
T Leung is offline T Leung  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

dacen:

The yelllow words are, in fact, in Japanese. I am a Chinese but I may translate.

The yellow square is an embedded Lead sheet for shock/ vibration absorptions and the whole sheet is also in Lead.

Hide this!Advertise here!