Reconstruction filter from "Opamp applications" (Jung)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have asked myself the same question. If you search for FDNR you will find some more.

In theory most filters are the same but not in real life. Bob Pease has made a good webcast show at National.com about active fiters. He shows how different topologies behave.

In litterature there are not much about the "fidelity" of different kind of filters.

hi,

I had tried two type of LC steep filters with freq equalizer for TDA1541 NOS DAC...one is 5 pole 2 zero elliptic filter,another is 8 pole,3 zero elliptic filter.... the sound is much much better than before.

the post which I analyse the NOS DAC in Chinese is on here.
http://www.hifidiy.net/dispbbs.asp?boardID=2&ID=12780&skin=0

my TDA1541 NOS DAC with steep LPF VS krell SBP-32X DAC

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67377

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

the I/V sch of my TDA1541 NOS DAC before I optimised ,which LPF is 8 pole,3 zero elliptic filter
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

the respone of my 5 pole 2 zero elliptic filter

Your sig is right on target :nod: but when it comes to me, I can say this much that I'm not dissapointed with my things but I'm sure someone find them as "bad". Compare how my SMD Gainclone got tweaked unheard and the result was amazing... unheard. This confirms your claims :nod:

There are two different things:

1 Be pleased with your results

2 Know what you have achieved compared to other designs, seen from the objective perstective.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
peranders said:
Your sig is right on target :nod: but when it comes to me, I can say this much that I'm not dissapointed with my things but I'm sure someone find them as "bad". Compare how my SMD Gainclone got tweaked unheard and the result was amazing... unheard. This confirms your claims :nod:

There are two different things:

1 Be pleased with your results

2 Know what you have achieved compared to other designs, seen from the objective perstective.

I need to come out now: 90% of my pleasure in diy audio is completing an interesting - from an engineering pov - design that was difficult and something not normally done. And yes, of course, it always sounds great! :D

Jan Didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.