Teac VRDS T1 Problem...does not open

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

bought a T1 transport which was shipped to me, and something seems to happend during transport.

The drawer/carrier/tray? does not always want to come out. The mechanism is trying to spit it out but something is locking the drawer. I opened the player and found if I move/lift the clamping/laser unit the drawer comes out. Then it works a few times until it blocks again.

This happens (until now...) only when the player does NOT has a CD loaded, with a CD in it, the problem does not occur.

Does someone knows what it could be and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Filip

It sounds like the disc clamp is getting caught on the centre motor spindle, I had this once on a MF cd player and fixed the problem by instaling thin washers under the brackett that has the disc clamp on it, just to raise the the whole brackett 1 or so millimeters.
Also check that the transport lock is fully disengaged this could also be catching, but from what you said it sound like the magnetic clamp is sitting too low, so raise it with the washers 1mm.

Cheers George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.