33.86 Mhz clock on CD-Pro2

I'm trying to replace the transport mechanism in ML31.5 . Originally there is CD 12 Industrial mechanism in that transport and 33.86 clock replacing the crystal on Philips board. There is another clock for reclocking the output.

Yesterday, I swapped mechanisms (using CD-Pro2 with 33.86 clock connected in a same way), but the transport has problem with reading CDs and there is an error message.

Anybody knows if direct replacement is possible, or do I need to take care of software/clock as well? I will be surely contacting Madrigal as well, but from what I heard so far, dealing with them is not particularly easy.

Attachments

• ml.jpg
    ml.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 780
Thanks for the info. I checked how it's done with CDM12 IND, and SELPLL pin on SAA7376 is not connected to ground, so I'm not sure if I should be proceeding with that. I contacted Madrigal and I'm waiting for their instructions.

In a meantime here's how the magnet for the clamp is attached.

Attachments

• cdp.jpg
    cdp.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 589
I must admit that I'm impressed with a support I'm receiving from Madrigal. I made a phone call today, and within an hour an almost complete schematic of LM31.5 transport was sent to me, together with detailed instructions for mechanism installation and modification. The actual mod says:

"CHANGES NEEDED TO USE CDM PRO2 IN NO.31.5
Remove df80 and attach a 28 or 30 awg jumper from tp2 to df80-3 on the SVI board."

which basically means that 33 Mhz clock is disconnected and another clock signal is supplied directly from DSP.

I sent them additional e-mail question, and the automated reply was generated before the end of a day:

"We have received your email on the above named subject. Thank you for contacting us. We are addressing your inquiry and will respond as soon as possible.

Best regards from your HSG Customer Service Team!
P.S.
This is an auto-reply. Please do not respond to this email; this email was sent from a SEND-ONLY address and is unable to receive messages.

Also, please avoid contacting us via email on this subject again, as it will slow down our ability to respond. If you have an urgent problem and need more immediate assistance, please feel free to contact us via telephone at 781-280-0300 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET)."

Attachments

• madr.jpg
    madr.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 591
Reactions: 1 user
I must admit that I'm impressed with a support I'm receiving from Madrigal. I made a phone call today, and within an hour an almost complete schematic of LM31.5 transport was sent to me, together with detailed instructions for mechanism installation and modification.
Hi Peter,

I have a N°31.5 for a very long time and would be very interested in the documents. Could you help me? That would be great.

Matthew

Also are you sure that it's not a 5V 33.8688MHz rather than a 3.3V?

My old CDP has a CD12, with a crystal that's 5V, 100ppm and worse still it drives a higher pF load than the modern 3.3V crystals. They're getting hard to find unless you start looking at making a multiplier/divider with a TTL level shifter to drive the heavier load.