Behringer DEQ2496 into T Amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay I've just got the Behringer DEQ2496 (for my birthday, hurrah!) and am pretty excited to try it out.

Can anyone tell me if I can feed the Analogue out of this unit (AUX RCA sockets on the Behringer?) directly into my Autocostruire AudioDigit T-2020-m amp. Do I need to set any particular levels on the DEQ2496 output?

I am feeding the Behringer SPDIF from my PC soundcard on the Digital In side but I am getting confused over all the talk of max gain, post Behringer attenuation etc on the output side of things!

:) Nice birtday present.

Don't use the aux output! Use the Main out!
The manuals states how to connect XLR to RCA.
The AUX output has a lesser good DAC

You must have a attentuation between the UC DEQ 2496 and the T-amp.
A stereo pot will do just fine.

Regards Simon

I use the AES-EBU in and outputs of de UC for my spdif signals.

Connect pin 1 and 3 to the gnd and pin 2 to the spdif signal.
't works fine.

The UC does not function properly when using the non-audio signals from the pc.
So don't ever switch on the NON-Audio option of your soundcards spdif.

Have fun
Simon

Thanks again Simon. Two more quick questions if you wouldn't mind indulging me...

1. I am assuming that if I need to make an extension cable between my soundcard and the UC I can do this with an SPDIF connector on one end and a AES plug on the other connected by 75ohm cable?

2. There is a button on the back of the unit "MAX" that according to the manual "raises the maximum level present at the MAIN inputs/outputs from +12 dBu to +22 dBu." Do you keep this button depressed or not for a domestic T amp?

Great Simon sounds like your setup is pretty much like mine.

1. Will get the wire-working pliers out now.

2. Oh, oh - I will switch it with great trepidation.

Thanks for clarifying these points for me. I think I was needlessly worried but I read some very technical explanation somewhere (probably DIYAudio forums!) explaining how the sound performance of the unit could be greatly affected for the worse by using the wrong inputs and output levels. In retrospect I think that this may have been more relevant to when one is using Analogue in.

I am learning, very slowly, but I am learning... :)

2) When u Just start with a low volume nothing can breakdown.

I got a tripple setup for my UC
EQ/Roomcorrecting my cd player (optical in)
EQ/Roomcorrecting my PC (AES/EBU in)
EQing center and subwoofer (analog in), when i use my DVD, to get a better fit (tone wise) to my other speakers.
The analog outputs provides my preamp with the analog signals for the digital sources cause the pramp is to laisy to do it himselve.
So I can use the seccond room and recout signals on digital inputs.

Have fun with your new toy!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.