help with CLD-V2800 digital, I2S, EIAJ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am modifying a Pioneer CLD-V2800 LD/CD player and trying to hook up my NONOS dac to it...

my dac uses TDA1543's and i was using it with a NEC Cd player which uses EIAJ so i have a little board that does EIAJ to I2S which is what the 1543's use...

anyhow... the player uses a TC9276P DAC, when i steal LRCK, BCK, and DATA (along with ground) and hook them up to the dac's I2S input, i get horrible noise, similar to when i hooked up the NEC straight to the I2S input... so ok it must be EIAJ right? well i hook that up and the right channel sounds fine and the left channel sounds horribly distorted and at a very high level/clipping etc...

i know the DAC is fine cause when i hook it back up to the NEC (using the EIAJ input) life is good again, so what kind of data is this dac recieving and is there any hope in getting my dac to work with this player?

this is the pdf for the dac if that helps any

http://flecom.fragmachines.com/TC9276.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.