PCM Sony 701ES D/A connection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
i have PCM Sony 701ES A//D D/A converter, which i would like to try.
Does someone can advise or help how to connect to CD PRO2 transport using its I2S or SPDIF output?

I have service manual with all schematic.

thank you in advance

Bostjan

Attachments

• sony_701_dac_input.jpg
    sony_701_dac_input.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 634
Hello,

sorry for kicking such an old topic. But i have a pcm-701 which i don't use (never have used) and i would like to sell it now.
But i don't know yet how to operate it, so can't test it, so could you please mail me the user manual? (i can't pm yet because i'm new member, i first need to make a few posts)

When i connect audio input, amplifier, vhs and monitor tv, i only hear sound when i hold the rec mute button and nothing is recorded on the vhs when i record from pcm output. How does this thing works, briefly?

Thanks in advance for the manual and help.

SONY 701ES problems

I have a SONY 701 ES which passes audio in - meters work - but does not record - which leads me to believe audio path from there to the DAC is blown. (over heating perhaps)

I have the service manual, Can anyone point me to a logical (not digital) point in the signal path that I should look first, to perhaps bring it back to life.

The postings on getting a Digital Out from here are interesting. I thought only the 601 was capable of this.

Acoustician

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.