DVD/VCD/SVCD/Divx/MP3/and more audio/video player!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i think i found what im going to do...

its a standalone IC-based mp3 player, no computer. uses its own firmware and custom circuit board. not able to play videos, but im gonna have a separate unit for that anyway. basically, modify it for USB (can be done) and add digital outs (my preference) add a HD and you are set. you need a computer to add files, but thats not a huge deal to me. its compact and cheap! here is link.

http://www.pjrc.com/tech/mp3/

its still available, i checked. seems decent. once the amps are done, this might be my new source player.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
gigatron said:
What do you guys say about this card?

The Lynx One has absolutely the best converters in the business. The only reason it falls short is that it's only a 'stereo' card, so is not suitable for professional usage. That said, it is one of the best sounding cards in the pro audio set of options. Apart from the Lynx Two, which is apparently even better...

Hey,
I'm not sure if this has been thought of already or mentioned even (sorry, no time to search), but regarding the usage of linux in this project, has anyone thought of using linux and putting a Windows emulator such as WinLin on it?
Also, if you just decide to use Windows directly as the OS, if you put a Linux emulator on it, then run a Windows emulator through that, it will run faster. It may be a backwards way of doing things but it turns out more efficient.

OK heres my 2 cents but there r mp3 players which plug in to networks and they retil for like 50 us u just plug the av leads into your amp ect and then u hit the buttons and it grabs it off a computer that is streaming it couldnt we do this 4 divx it sounds like a cheap option. u only need the pc u all ready have ect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.