Rotel RVD-02 or Marantz cd-7300? Pls help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !

I am about to buy a new CD player. So far, I have narrowed the choice on two CD players.

1.Rotel RCD-02 and 2. Marantz Cd-7300

Rotel costs around 350 EUR and Marantz around 500. I can not decide which one to buy. Did anyone heard any of these players? Pros and cons? Disregarding the price difference, which one would you buy and why? I need quick advise, so pls help!:(

Thanks a lot!

Vix

Hi.

Wish I knew, sorry. I've had a quick look around in the past week or so, and the Rotel RCD-1070 looks pretty good. The RCD-02 is similar, but cut-down in the areas of power supplies and dual -everything that the 1070 has. It's (the RCD-02) definitely worth a listen, and you can bank on it being well built.

Not had a look at the Marantz at all. The NAD players are starters here, but I had terrible experience with faulty units the first time I bought NAD, so not an option for me.

I've never noticed much in the way of current equipment comment on this site. I guess we're all trying to avoid buying new gear, and having fun improving the old stuff!

Michael

Hi there!

I owned an RCD-02 for about a year before selling it on. It's fantastcally well built for the price, nice and heavy as well. However I have to say the sound left me feeling cold. It never really blossoms and makes listening to music an event. Little sterile sounding, very dry. However it is good with HDCD discs.

As always though best to arrange a dem. if possible - everyoen has different tastes.

Cheers,

- John

Marantz engineers make their equipment sound rich and "natural".

Every single Rotel unit I heard sounded cold and lifeless. Applies to their CD players in particular. Amplifiers are ok. (hmmmm...)

The real puzzle is: Rotel CD players are very well designed units - but still sound cold.

The trick is in tweaking the sound to appeal more to us humans.

Extreme_Boky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.