Pioneer PD-8700 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, you've got me.

I have one for the PD-31, PD-8700, PD-7700, but it's an original I bought at Pioneer, so I would have to scan the whole thing and this is not an option. :whazzat:
This nice manual is 103 pages long with some plans up to A3 and even A2 in it.
So what do you really need? Please try to limit your inquiries to what is really needed. I've already spent halve of the last weekend scanning, converting and optimizing papers for the servo-subwoofer thread.

using_e

The lens may be weak.

Short-term solution - there should be a trimmer pot for focus gain. You can play around with the pot carefully to increase the strength of the lens.

Long-term solution - Change the lens. The PD-8700 uses the PEA-1030 lens which you can purchase from Pioneer UK.

It is a nice player :)

Yes, about the lens... I did replace my PEA-1030 (~$40), and the CD start working, but, unfortunately, the mechanical fine tunning required after that... I did it - and using the service manual from PD-S505 (with osciloscope and other special equipment). If you are not the qualified person, it's better ask the repair shop.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
JKoch said:
Hi Zen Mod

Thank you. Of course, please send me the Service Manual on my account: jk@ai.pl

I think to buy any high level model of Pioneer to mod it to transport.

JKoch

I'll wait few days more to see if someone is also interested .
please -write if your inbox can have problems with 10+MB mails,so I'll split it to two rars .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.