dCS are world leaders in digital audio conversion technology - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2002, 10:52 PM   #11
hifiZen is offline hifiZen  Canada
diyAudio Member

You will find the dCS ring DAC inside the newer models from Arcam... widely available here in N. America. Models using the dCS DAC aren't exactly cheap, but the technology is definitely available here. And, for that matter, this British product seems to be well reviewed...
Old 30th September 2002, 08:51 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

hmmm. spoiled brats. it shows you've never seen a proudly south african audio mag. you'll have difficulty figuring where the paid ad ends and the review begins. in ten or so years of freebie reading in bookstores (takes an average of 45s to scan from cover to cover) i've never noticed an even mildly negative opinion about anything. there must be a simple explanation of course - they only review the best.
regarding the 3*7K mystery regs, i remain sceptical - there are way too many better regs (especially discrete) to pardon using this crap. Maybe Burmester also used to use 'mystery' 5534 opamps?

peter
Old 1st October 2002, 01:02 AM   #13
Banned

Andy:

Whaddya say we move this '317 thing elsewhere? It may get more interesting. I do not want my new best friend PerAnders thinking that I deliberately dumping on his thread.

I say let him continue with where he had this going before you-know-who suckered us into starting a war.

Jokco
Old 1st October 2002, 05:00 AM   #14
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jocko Homo
Whaddya say we move this '317 thing elsewhere?
As you command...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...=&postid=66147

dave

(moderator hat on)
Old 1st October 2002, 05:06 AM   #15
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: dCS are world leaders in digital audio conversion technology

Quote:
Originally posted by peranders
Does anybody know anything about the Ring DAC?
I can't tell you much about that. But a friend who had a recording studio (and who's opinion i trust) got a dSC ADC & a DAC and he was very taken with them. Clearly better than anything he had heard before and IHO worth shelling out the big bucks for.

dave
Old 1st October 2002, 09:34 AM   #16
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: dCS are world leaders in digital audio conversion technology

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10
I can't tell you much about that. But a friend who had a recording studio (and who's opinion i trust) got a dSC ADC & a DAC and he was very taken with them. Clearly better than anything he had heard before and IHO worth shelling out the big bucks for.
This was a very other point of view (than crap). I suspect that they are not bad at all, in fact, "Spitzenklasse", but the price tag is a little bit heavy. I have also a hunch of that integrated solutions can be better just because of the integration and the compactness. I wonder really how much dCS differs from a top optimized integrated solution? Is the answer "very little"?
Old 1st October 2002, 11:18 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: dCS are world leaders in digital audio conversion technology

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10

dave
Dave,

Funny but I also have an aquaintance in the biz, very experienced and sharp operator, and when I asked about the dCS he gave a huge snort of derision and told me not to waste my money. Odd response from someone not normally very expressive. This guy has great ears and will use whatever works best to get the result needed. Good techo too.

I haven't heard them personally and can't afford them.
But everyone hears things in a different way, no?

Hide this!Advertise here!