diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   little Marantz CD-80 question (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/63335-little-marantz-cd-80-question.html)

jordanism 28th August 2005 11:59 PM

little Marantz CD-80 question

Hey folks,

I've got a little question concerning my CD-80 player, which i just bought for almost no cash at all :)

I read a little about green leds that would supposedly enhance jitter correction or something. Now i was wonderin if those green leds we're actually visible on the outside of the machine while playing?.

First thing i noticed when I turned on the cd player was this big window-like thing just above the cd-tray and i noticed it didn't do anything. At first i thought it was a really big IR sensor, but that was positioned right next to it.

Then i read some stuff about those green lights and i thought maybe my CD-80 is broke , and it should be lit above the cd-tray.

So if anyone can clear this up for me, it would be much appreciated :)

Jordan

Jocko Homo 29th August 2005 03:13 AM

There are 3 light bulbs above the tray, that shine down on it through a blue-green piece of plastic.

Jocko

wa2ise 29th August 2005 07:06 AM

Those lights are just decoration; they have no effect on the quality of the sound or the jitter characeristics.

Guido Tent 29th August 2005 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wa2ise
Those lights are just decoration; they have no effect on the quality of the sound or the jitter characeristics.

confirmed

Haven't been able to measure the effect

I'd suggest to spend some $ on a new clock and opamps

Bernhard 29th August 2005 07:44 PM

Re: little Marantz CD-80 question

Quote:

Originally posted by jordanism
I've got a little question concerning my CD-80 player, which i just bought for almost no cash at all :)

I've got a little question too, :D concerning where to buy CD-80 player for almost no cash at all ;)

jordanism 29th August 2005 09:09 PM

well that sorts that out =)

k thanks for all the replies guys!

Well i guess I'm just going to restore those lights and then upgrade the player with some of Mr. Tent's stuff :)

@Benhard: Well actually I paid 25 Euros for it, so I don't know if that falls into the 'no cash at all' category ;)

Oh and by the way if someone could help me get a copy of the manual it would be much appreciated, because i didn't get it with the cd player :)

Greets,

Jordan

jean-paul 29th August 2005 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wa2ise
Ahem, did you actually listen to the cdplayer with and without the lamps ???

Jocko Homo 30th August 2005 02:29 AM

I have, does diddly-squat. Mainly because I have an IsoDrive installed. It does affect jitter.

Jocko