diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   New DAC project 24/96/192 wanted features (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/6327-new-dac-project-24-96-192-wanted-features.html)

peranders 25th September 2002 09:23 PM

New DAC project 24/96/192 wanted features

Hi!

This is not spam nor advertising.

Next year I plan to for my own pleasure upgrade my wonderful sounding CS4328 DAC. CS4328 was one of the best 16/18 48 DAC's with a really seriuos output stage.

Now, my direction is to make it easy to build but with many parts if neccessary, maybe with a microcontroller, AVR or PIC. I will skip hard logic. Many features, much "blink och lys". TOSLINK, RCA, XLR inputs with transformer. Expensive output filters. SMD all the way. Industrial parts, no odd audiophile parts.
AKM4395 or CS43122 will be the DAC.
This project is for my own pleasure and if a couple of you want to join with me in the development I'll be glad. It's not neccessary that you know anything about digital audio. It's enough if you just want to use the DAC and have ideas how it should look like. It's also very possible that those people will get nice pcb's for a reduced price as thanks for the help and input I hope.

The pricetag will be in the range of 300 to 600 USD. Not cheap if you talk pure money, but rather OK if we talk performance.

If I succeed to create enough interest I will publish the wishlist at my homepage and also publish the progress of the project.

Blink = Blink
och = and
Lys = Lights

Holger Barske 25th September 2002 09:27 PM

Nice idea, but where to take an 192kHz digital signal from?
---
Holger

peranders 25th September 2002 09:32 PM

Personally I think that 96 kHz is quite enough but I have an open mind in this matter. I have never heard 192 kSp, do I ever? I'm not totally convinced of the technical pros. I think there are lots of cons here.

I have asked about this in an another thread but noone thinks very much in this matter. It's not by a long shot peeling of covers of ....!

artnyos 25th September 2002 09:48 PM

PerSPAMders!

"This is not spam nor advertising."

"It's enough if you just want to use the DAC and have ideas how it should look like. It's also very possible that those people will get nice pcb's for a reduced price as thanks for the help and input I hope."

"The pricetag will be in the range of 300 to 600 USD. Not cheap if you talk pure money, but rather OK if we talk performance."

Looks like solicting to me....... I have had about enough of this crap. You have been warned about this by a moderator once all ready. STOP USING THIS FORUM TO PLUG YOUR WEBSITE, SELL PARTS, AND SOLICITE CUSTOMERS. I know that I am not the only one that is tired of this and I will not hesitate to send a copy of everyone of post like this to Jason. Think I am bluffing? Just post another one.

Art

peranders 25th September 2002 10:10 PM

artnyos, I invite people DIY'ers to join me and a couple is already interested in my DIY project, not very commercial project. To do something together like Dorkus' stuff isn't a bad thing. Pcb's costs money and therefore you must involve some money. In an another forum (you know surely which) people are happy to share their work, even their pcb's which costs money.

If the moderator thinks this type of projects are unsuitable for DIYAudio.com I will follow his wishes.

Otherwise I think the moderator should moderate not you.

artnyos 25th September 2002 10:24 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"The pricetag will be in the range of 300 to 600 USD. Not cheap if you talk pure money, but rather OK if we talk performance."

Thats a pretty expensive PCB.:$::$::$::$::$::$:

You better hope they don't moderate your money making butt out of here:wave:

Why don't you report me to the moderator while your at it since I don't care, since I have no business interest here like you do.

Art:xfingers:

Pcb's costs money......
http://www.expresspcb.com/
A little less without you as the middle man.

peranders 25th September 2002 11:13 PM

Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:

Originally posted by artnyos

Thats a pretty expensive PCB.:$::$::$::$::$::$:

You better hope they don't moderate your money making butt out of here:wave:

Pcb's costs money......

I thought you understood that I was talking about the total price including a bought nice case.

Quote:

Originally posted by artnyos

Why don't you report me to the moderator while your at it since I don't care, since I have no business interest here like you do.

.... .... ... ... ...! (I'm sure you can figure out what I mean?)

artnyos 25th September 2002 11:26 PM

I was so wrong

"artnyos, I invite people DIY'ers to join me and a couple is already interested in my DIY project, not very commercial project."

I guess the money is going to your favorite charity:wchair:. I am so embarrassed. :crying:I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.:hbeat:

What is ......... ! Maybe the Swedish doesn't translate so well. You could give it to me in Swedish or German and I will do my best to have it translated.:magnify:

Art:wave:

Holger Barske 25th September 2002 11:37 PM

artnyos,
I don't know much about things peranders might have done on this board concerning commercial interests in the past and I certainly don't want to bother you, but:
don't you think you should calm down a little right now?
I think everyone has understood your opinion at this time.
I would suggest: Let's have a look where this project will end up; if there is anything to get angry about at that time - you might do.
---
Holger

jwb 26th September 2002 12:14 AM

No-holds-barred DAC action! Yeah! That's what I like to see.

I think your price of $300 might be a little low, though. For my DAC I had to spend $80 for the PCB, and $150 just for the DAC chips. The power regulators (which I built up from discreets) also turned out to be pretty expensive.

Happy designing! I'll be very glad to collaborate with you, if you like.