New DAC project 24/96/192 wanted features - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2002, 06:33 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
So the lesson of today is, don't try to be nice to the moderator.

I wonder why this issue going back to May emerged just now? And why the people who were attacking Peranders the most are in sin bin now? And why GGrant is *** kissing him?
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 29th September 2002, 06:39 PM   #42
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
And why GGrant is *** kissing him?
If he is. Judging from some discussions with GGrand during the past 24 hours I am starting to believe that he is always joking or
ironic.
Old 29th September 2002, 07:17 PM   #43
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dice45
peranders,
methinks i know Jocko's problem, see below. Moreover, it did not slip my attention that you try to smear honey around my mouth. Methinks, you think if you are nice to the moderator, tell him how nice he is and how incredibly good his wording is, then he will let pass things he would intercept otherwise. But instead he smelled a rat. and now you are worse on than before.

So, moderator order 1: stop advertizing for your stuff!
Moderator order 2: you give Elso Kwak the long overdue apology, a genuine, washproof apology (and no lame backing out!!) ! In public!
0,5 I had no hidden agenda. I simply appreciate what you are doing.

1 OK!

2 Done!
Old 29th September 2002, 07:25 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 2002tii
Sounds like an interesting plan.
I think EMC is a much overlooked subject.
So now I really look forward to see how this project progress! [/B]
dear all,

I am happy to note that you guys take EMC aspects seriously. For those interested, I wrote a concise article on EMC and layout, related to dgital toppics mainly.

You may download it here from our web page:

http://members.chello.nl/~m.heijlige...decoupling.pdf

happy reading

Guido

Old 29th September 2002, 07:38 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Guido, thank you for the article. I have read it through fast and I agree in general but I will take a closer look later.

Thanks.
Old 29th September 2002, 08:07 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by Christer

If he is. Judging from some discussions with GGrand during the past 24 hours I am starting to believe that he is always joking or
ironic.
I know GGrant for quite a long time and I can assure you he's not acting himself.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 29th September 2002, 08:17 PM   #47
jwb is offline jwb  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to jwb
What they heck is with you ppl? I look at Elso Kwak's posts, and all I see is "email me for my clock schematic" over and over again. Never an actual posting of said schematic. Then peranders comes along and says that Elso's design is stuffed up, in my opinion perfectly decent language for a non-native English speaker. He didn't say "Elso's clock is bad and his mother was a *****", he just said he didn't like the clock. Maybe I've got a thicker skin than most (waves to Jocko), but I don't see the need to apologize.

What's more offensive to me is when someone comes along and says you can't make a DAC for $300, except a poor one. I say you can make a DAC for $1200 (about what I blew on my last DAC), and you can make a DAC for $300, and you can probably make a DAC for $100. One of the fun parts of DIY is being able to set the design parameters any way you wish. The idea here, as stated, is to make a featureful 24-bit DAC for $300-500. I don't see any reason for someone to pee on the parade.

Basically I think everyone should quit whining.
Old 29th September 2002, 08:35 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jwb
What they heck is with you ppl? I look at Elso Kwak's posts, and all I see is "email me for my clock schematic" over and over again. Never an actual posting of said schematic. Then peranders comes along and says that Elso's design is stuffed up, in my opinion perfectly decent language for a non-native English speaker. He didn't say "Elso's clock is bad and his mother was a *****", he just said he didn't like the clock. Maybe I've got a thicker skin than most (waves to Jocko), but I don't see the need to apologize.
You can say "I don't agree with you" in a more polite manner than I did. Sorry, Elso.

Quote:
Originally posted by jwb
What's more offensive to me is when someone comes along and says you can't make a DAC for $300, except a poor one. I say you can make a DAC for $1200 (about what I blew on my last DAC), and you can make a DAC for $300, and you can probably make a DAC for $100. One of the fun parts of DIY is being able to set the design parameters any way you wish. The idea here, as stated, is to make a featureful 24-bit DAC for $300-500. I don't see any reason for someone to pee on the parade.
Yes, agree with you here. Every DIY project has a upper limit (for some us, me at least) when it hurts. My motto here is to have as much fun as you can for the made budget. I think 500-600 dollars is max.
Old 29th September 2002, 09:12 PM   #49
dice45 is offline dice45  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel So the lesson of today is, don't try to be nice to the moderator.

I wonder why this issue going back to May emerged just now? And why the people who were attacking Peranders the most are in sin bin now? And why GGrant is *** kissing him?
Peter,
1st,
correction, it does not pay to be intentionally nice to the moderator, just be honest, that's fine with me. Even if peranders had no bad intention (which i accept), then he did neither me nor him a favour.
2nd,
Jocko arised this topic from May. I had to track it, Jocko was right. Jocko is not in sin bin. And peranders is Jocko's pet enemy, who knows?, maybe peranders adjusts himself a bit and this changes some day.
3rd,
coincidentally some people attacking peranders are in sin bin. They did attack others too and behaved like a rat in a bucket. in general, just no coincidence observable in those cases.
4th,
peranders made himself the ideal target for our super cracks by talking (too?) big in posts and on his website, using too many superlatives in his wording. He has made his bed, now he has to lie in it.
peranders, you are listening? No offense meant, maybe you take this as a hint.
5th
the frequency of events which cause us moderators to step in has increased considerably in the last days. Not an easy job to smell the right rats in the right order, ok?
BTW, the ruckus is caused by a few guys. I wonder if there is a schedule behind it. I wonder if some folks intentionally mess up our place. There has been some stunts looking durned like literally calling for sin bin, counteracting my striving to avoid sin bin if possible, particuarly if i cannot sense any evil intentions.
Old 30th September 2002, 02:25 AM   #50
Banned

Default Peranders?

"peranders made himself the ideal target for our super cracks by talking (too?) big in posts and on his website, using too many superlatives in his wording. He has made his bed, now he has to lie in it."

This is unfair and I think you have been manipulated by some of the more notorious trouble makers, some who seem to have influence even while in the Sin Bin. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and settle down.

Guy

I would like to congratulate P/A for over 500 post alreay and a great website!
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50719/hifi/

Hide this!Advertise here!