New DAC project 24/96/192 wanted features

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dice45 said:
peranders,
methinks i know Jocko's problem, see below. Moreover, it did not slip my attention that you try to smear honey around my mouth. Methinks, you think if you are nice to the moderator, tell him how nice he is and how incredibly good his wording is, then he will let pass things he would intercept otherwise. But instead he smelled a rat. :irked: and now you are worse on than before.

So, moderator order 1: stop advertizing for your stuff!
Moderator order 2: you give Elso Kwak the long overdue apology, a genuine, washproof apology (and no lame backing out!!) ! In public!

0,5 I had no hidden agenda. I simply appreciate what you are doing.

1 OK!

2 Done!

2002tii said:
Sounds like an interesting plan.
I think EMC is a much overlooked subject.
So now I really look forward to see how this project progress! [/B]

dear all,

I am happy to note that you guys take EMC aspects seriously. For those interested, I wrote a concise article on EMC and layout, related to dgital toppics mainly.

You may download it here from our web page:

http://members.chello.nl/~m.heijligers/DAChtml/Supply_decoupling.pdf

happy reading

Guido

:yummy:

What they heck is with you ppl? I look at Elso Kwak's posts, and all I see is "email me for my clock schematic" over and over again. Never an actual posting of said schematic. Then peranders comes along and says that Elso's design is stuffed up, in my opinion perfectly decent language for a non-native English speaker. He didn't say "Elso's clock is bad and his mother was a *****", he just said he didn't like the clock. Maybe I've got a thicker skin than most (waves to Jocko), but I don't see the need to apologize.

What's more offensive to me is when someone comes along and says you can't make a DAC for $300, except a poor one. I say you can make a DAC for $1200 (about what I blew on my last DAC), and you can make a DAC for $300, and you can probably make a DAC for $100. One of the fun parts of DIY is being able to set the design parameters any way you wish. The idea here, as stated, is to make a featureful 24-bit DAC for $300-500. I don't see any reason for someone to pee on the parade.

Basically I think everyone should quit whining.

jwb said:
What they heck is with you ppl? I look at Elso Kwak's posts, and all I see is "email me for my clock schematic" over and over again. Never an actual posting of said schematic. Then peranders comes along and says that Elso's design is stuffed up, in my opinion perfectly decent language for a non-native English speaker. He didn't say "Elso's clock is bad and his mother was a *****", he just said he didn't like the clock. Maybe I've got a thicker skin than most (waves to Jocko), but I don't see the need to apologize.

You can say "I don't agree with you" in a more polite manner than I did. Sorry, Elso.

jwb said:
What's more offensive to me is when someone comes along and says you can't make a DAC for $300, except a poor one. I say you can make a DAC for $1200 (about what I blew on my last DAC), and you can make a DAC for $300, and you can probably make a DAC for $100. One of the fun parts of DIY is being able to set the design parameters any way you wish. The idea here, as stated, is to make a featureful 24-bit DAC for $300-500. I don't see any reason for someone to pee on the parade.

Yes, agree with you here. Every DIY project has a upper limit (for some us, me at least) when it hurts. My motto here is to have as much fun as you can for the made budget. I think 500-600 dollars is max.

Originally posted by Peter Daniel So the lesson of today is, don't try to be nice to the moderator.;)

I wonder why this issue going back to May emerged just now? And why the people who were attacking Peranders the most are in sin bin now? And why GGrant is *** kissing him?

Peter,
1st,
correction, it does not pay to be intentionally nice to the moderator, just be honest, that's fine with me. Even if peranders had no bad intention (which i accept), then he did neither me nor him a favour.
2nd,
Jocko arised this topic from May. I had to track it, Jocko was right. Jocko is not in sin bin. And peranders is Jocko's pet enemy, who knows?, maybe peranders adjusts himself a bit and this changes some day.
3rd,
coincidentally some people attacking peranders are in sin bin. They did attack others too and behaved like a rat in a bucket. in general, just no coincidence observable in those cases.
4th,
peranders made himself the ideal target for our super cracks by talking (too?) big in posts and on his website, using too many superlatives in his wording. He has made his bed, now he has to lie in it.
peranders, you are listening? No offense meant, maybe you take this as a hint.
5th
the frequency of events which cause us moderators to step in has increased considerably in the last days. Not an easy job to smell the right rats in the right order, ok?
BTW, the ruckus is caused by a few guys. I wonder if there is a schedule behind it. I wonder if some folks intentionally mess up our place. There has been some stunts looking durned like literally calling for sin bin, counteracting my striving to avoid sin bin if possible, particuarly if i cannot sense any evil intentions.

Peranders?

"peranders made himself the ideal target for our super cracks by talking (too?) big in posts and on his website, using too many superlatives in his wording. He has made his bed, now he has to lie in it."

This is unfair and I think you have been manipulated by some of the more notorious trouble makers, some who seem to have influence even while in the Sin Bin. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and settle down.

Guy

I would like to congratulate P/A for over 500 post alreay and a great website!
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50719/hifi/

DiceMan:

Thank you. You have a better way with words today than I have.

Elso, and/or his clock was not necessarily the issue, just the best example of you "making your own bed" that I could come up with at 8 AM on a Sunday morning.

1.) Peranders......where is your clock schematic? I have posted more than one. We are all waiting for that, too

2.) Peranders......How much time do you spend each and every day answering e-mails form forum members? Helping fix designs, giving advice, correcting poorly drawn and/or conceptually flawed schematics, tracking down hard-to-find parts, telling where to get stuff.......all at your own expense without making a $$ in it.

Damn near a lot less than I do, I suspect.

And while I am at it.........

No more zipped-up Spice stuff!!!!!!!! I do not use it. Never have. Have no idea how it works. Do not care to know how it works. Do not have the software to do it. Send your requests to Harry(!!!!!!!!!); I know he will will be than willing to ignore you. [joke........hey I had to throw one in.]

And please............if you want me to buy parts for you, then do me the courtesy of checking the prices BEFORE I have to do it for you, only to catch greif on how sodding expensive they are and/or that I am screwing you.

End of rant. We will now return you to your normally scheduled entertainment..........

Jocko

Jocko Homo said:

And while I am at it.........

No more zipped-up Spice stuff!!!!!!!! I do not use it. Never have. Have no idea how it works. Do not care to know how it works. Do not have the software to do it. Send your requests to Harry(!!!!!!!!!); I know he will will be than willing to ignore you. [joke........hey I had to throw one in.]

And please............if you want me to buy parts for you, then do me the courtesy of checking the prices BEFORE I have to do it for you, only to catch greif on how sodding expensive they are and/or that I am screwing you.

End of rant. We will now return you to your normally scheduled entertainment..........

Could anybody tell me what he is talking about? I must also admit that I have never used Spice but what does it have to do with me? Zipped-up Spice stuff? This is a joke I suppose which I don't understand.

Do I want you Mr. Homo to get me parts? Have I ever asked for that?

End of rant, agree!

It wasn't about you!!!!!!!!!!!

It was directed to all the people who send me stuff EVERYDAY asking for help.

Does everything have to revolve around you? It sure seems this way.

Tell you what.......you want to know how to short circuit this?

Why don't you change your sig?

We all have the message now that you have a home page, and that you have stuff to peddle. Yeah, yeah......you won't be able to sucker in the newbies. But as Dice said......."you made your bed......"

Then you can continue to post WHATEVER PLEASES YOU without it looking like you are constantly making pointless postings, just to get attention for your site.

Real simple, isn't it?

You have around 500 posts, each and every one directs us all to look at your homepage. And a lot of people don't see much in the way of content. Hell, I get e-mails (plural) from people your own country(!) that think you are an annoying pest, and apologize for you, and implore that I not look upon all Swedes as being just like you.

So do it for your country........gives us all a break.

And next time, do not drag me into your fights with others, implying that I was one thing, and that I have soemhow undergone a miraculous transformation. Otherwise, I will give them another example of each, for the good readers to decide for themselves.

Jocko

No offense, people, but how about getting this thread back on track? Has anyone taken a look at the schematic that jwb posted? I, too, am interested in a simple, inexpensive DAC project, and this thread seemed promising until it veered off-topic.

So, any comments on that schematic? Is it a good starting point? :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.