advice for a new digital source

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hello,
I'd like to buy a new digital source,but....
I want to pay around 150euros and I need something that, in the future, I can upgrade it.
I need it only to listen music.Not to watch DVDs.So, I don't mind if it isn't universal.
Maybe a simple CDplayer is just fine (or I need a source to play SACD,too?)
I'm new in digital world (don't laugh please) so I need your help.
Until now I was and I still am a vinyl "junky".But there are so many albums out there that they're not available on LPs or so difficult to find them that you need a fortune to pay and they're used!
So I decided to buy a digital source.I don't like to pay too much because I don't own too much CDs.But I'd like something that I can put my hands on it.Don't worry about my skills.I have built a few projects like tube amps,preamps,phono and speakers.I'm not an expert but all of my projects work fine! :D
The only problem is that I'm very newbie with digital sources.But I believe with the help of this forum, I won't buy something that will disappoint me. And,the experts over here will help me to upgrade it in the near future.

So which is the best choice at 150euros?

Certainly not. With that budget, an Onkyo 7711 might be an option (look on ebay...). Or maybe a rotel...? Or a Pioneer 507 modified or unmodified...

But, coming from a good vinyl system, you may want to consider SACD, so that the "digital sonic signature" is less prominent (only theory, I don't own SACD).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.