PIONEER PD-65 Schematic??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"tipped up" = too bright and zingy on the top end. Not natural sounding at all. Characteristic of all the Sony & Pioneer pieces I have ever heard.

I know I can *buy* it from Pie-on-ear, but I'd rather just get a simple pdf file or a photocopy/hardcopy rather than forking over way too much for their originial, if I can... ;)

The purpose of looking at the schematic is to see what they are doing in the digital side that *might* be causing this effect, since it is noticeable on both the digital out and the analog out.

_-_-bear

bear said:
"tipped up" = too bright and zingy on the top end. Not natural sounding at all. Characteristic of all the Sony & Pioneer pieces I have ever heard.

I know I can *buy* it from Pie-on-ear, but I'd rather just get a simple pdf file or a photocopy/hardcopy rather than forking over way too much for their originial, if I can... ;)

The purpose of looking at the schematic is to see what they are doing in the digital side that *might* be causing this effect, since it is noticeable on both the digital out and the analog out.

_-_-bear
Nasty sounding player. Very adjustment sensitive. Trash it ASAP.

:hot:

Before you trash the PD65, try modding it a bit. It can sound quite nice actually.

I own the PD41 (PD65 without Legato Link) and it is very well-built.

The components like caps are very old and are probably non-audiophile grade caps. The player should benefit from a comprehensive caps upgrade.

For starters, to remove the tipped up sound, just replaced the coupling cap at the output with a Silmic or Blackgate NX.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.