Questions CS8412 - PMD100 - TDA1541A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am planning an external 8 x oversampling DAC, SPDIF input, based on CS8412 receiver, PMD100 Filter and a TDA1541A DAC.

Actually, I am preparing a block diagram about the mode setup and the interconnections of this three chips.

As I am not an EE, I have now (at least) two important questions:

1. Is the interconnect between PMD100 and TDA1541A correct?
2. I dont know, where to feed in what frequencies from the XO clock. Just know, M0 has to be 1 to set the CS8412 in "slave" mode.

Every help is very welcome!

Franz

Attachments

• blockdiagram.jpg
    blockdiagram.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 960
Franz G said:

1. Is the interconnect between PMD100 and TDA1541A correct?

As connected, so long as the CS8412 in fmt 0, it will work.

2. I dont know, where to feed in what frequencies from the XO clock. Just know, M0 has to be 1 to set the CS8412 in "slave" mode.

When the CS8412 is in slave mode, fmt 1, MCLK is still an output, so you will have to derive FSYNC and SCLK from your XO module.

Thanks for your answer, rfbrw!

I am still not sure about the frequencies, about the (simple?) math behind it :bawling:

Let's resume my actual understanding:

I will set the CS8412 to fmt 1 (M0 = high), to have FSYNC and SCLK as input and feed them from a external clock.

Is it correct, to derive 44.1kHz to FSYNC and 5.6448MHz to SCK? Will this result in 8x oversampling?

Kind regards
Franz

P.S.
Here a foto of the future enclosure, psu, input section and display: a burned out Classé DAC-1 (with additional fuses in the psu :cool: )

Attachments

• classe_basis.jpg
    classe_basis.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 770
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.