Asyncronous reclocking of transport SPDIF output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh........really?

"Just to add, this DAC & reclocker together with Audiomeca Memphisto II transport produced truly amazing results. I don't think there's any "digital" combination / stand-alone player out there that approaches analog closer than this combination."

OK, bub.........next time you are in Texas, schlep that sucker with you. This I have to see versus my CD-80.

You will note that he said async reclocking on the TX end is not a good idea.

Jocko

Thanks for all the responses. Several comments have been made about reclocking not being an optimal solution on the transport side, but should be implemented in the DAC.

I modded the Rotel 855 in order to improve its performance as a transport. The unit already has extensive power supply mods (5 transformers etc...) and I was hoping to find other methods of improvings its digital ouput since I use it as a transport. If I can make it sound like a PS Lambda/Theta/"your best transport" I 'll be happy.

So, if asynchronous reclocking of the SPDIF stream is NOT the way to improve the performance of the unit as a transport, what alternatives are there?

Thanks for ideas!
Ryan.

Dr.H said:
Thanks for all the responses. Several comments have been made about reclocking not being an optimal solution on the transport side, but should be implemented in the DAC.

I modded the Rotel 855 in order to improve its performance as a transport. The unit already has extensive power supply mods (5 transformers etc...) and I was hoping to find other methods of improvings its digital ouput since I use it as a transport. If I can make it sound like a PS Lambda/Theta/"your best transport" I 'll be happy.

So, if asynchronous reclocking of the SPDIF stream is NOT the way to improve the performance of the unit as a transport, what alternatives are there?

Thanks for ideas!
Ryan.

Synchronous reclocking, as shown in the thread linked to by Joseph K

Religion?

What? Where? Who?

Synchronous will be attempted. FYI, I used the d1 to q1 to d2 to q2 scheme on the '74 and this removed the clicks and pops, so metastability it was after all.

Will let you religious people know the benefit of synchronous if any. Any proposed burnt offerings (and please id the deity)?

Still not addressing the question of sequence though (i.e. driver then reclock or reclock then driver (as I have it at the moment).

Thanks for the ideas.
Ryan

Re: Religion?

Dr.H said:
What? Where? Who?

Synchronous will be attempted. FYI, I used the d1 to q1 to d2 to q2 scheme on the '74 and this removed the clicks and pops, so metastability it was after all.

Will let you religious people know the benefit of synchronous if any. Any proposed burnt offerings (and please id the deity)?

Still not addressing the question of sequence though (i.e. driver then reclock or reclock then driver (as I have it at the moment).

Thanks for the ideas.
Ryan

Hi Ryan,
I have a ready scheme that is adored in some circles for Asynchronous Reclocking. It seems to work well with the TDA1541 and the AD1865 but not so good with the TDA1543. (All NON-OS)
Don't ask my why, maybe Bob has the answer.
You can obtain the schematic of my ASR by sending me an email through the forum's system
:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.