Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2005, 10:13 PM   #11
Htguy is offline Htguy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Tent x03...

Hi,

I am looking into adding an external clock to my denon dvd 2900 and I was wondering if this mod would also make the video perform better?

Has anyone done a clock in the dvd 2900? Is it worth the effort? (Some have expressed doubts due to surrounding clock circutry)

Where is a good place online to buy an Tent x03 from?
Is tent based in europe? (Should I have my brother buy while he is in England

God bless...

Mark
Old 11th July 2005, 05:07 AM   #12
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Have you checked http://www.tentlabs.com/ ?
Old 11th July 2005, 06:12 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default tent

Hi,

I did check tent.com, but it does not give any dvd 2900 specific info or people who have tried it with the 2900.

Thanks

God bless...

Mark
Old 11th July 2005, 02:51 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Re: tent

Quote:
Originally posted by Htguy
Hi,

I did check tent.com, but it does not give any dvd 2900 specific info or people who have tried it with the 2900.

Thanks

God bless...

Mark
Hi

Various 2900 customers report goopd results

In general I do not supply specific info, too much work to sort everything out.

The 2900 loader needs to be removed (6 screws). The the clock IC is at the back, next to the 27.000 MHz crystal. Look for the IC datasheet and follow the generic instructions on my site.

Additioally you can find the distributor list.

best regards
Old 11th July 2005, 06:25 PM   #15
pburke is offline pburke  Germany
diyAudio Member

Guido,

what's the word on putting the XO3 into the infamous Toshiba SD-3950? Has anyone done that already that you know of? I know the clock is 27mHz in there, but the SPDIF output pin? There's like 150 pins on the main chip.

Peter (hoping to be able to spend another $150 on this $35 player )
Old 11th July 2005, 09:27 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Cool diy fun...

HI,

Yep, nothing like puttig $150 into a $35 player, that's what this is all about! (I think its the satisfaction of taking a $35 player and making it sound better than a player that costs $600

God bless...

Mark
Old 11th July 2005, 09:33 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default Oops, one thing I forgot to ask...

Hi,

I have a dvd 2900 that I have added an SDI output to and I was wondering if I could send the 27.000 clock signal directly to it and then send a second connection the the main board clock? (Ok so I am sure some of you who know a lot about this stuff are probably laughing your back side off, but I had to ask)

God bless...

Mark
Old 11th July 2005, 09:42 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default Re: diy fun...

Quote:
Originally posted by Htguy
HI,

Yep, nothing like puttig $150 into a $35 player, that's what this is all about! (I think its the satisfaction of taking a $35 player and making it sound better than a player that costs $600

God bless...

Mark

The $600 player has been in the recycling bin for a while now. We're aiming at outperforming the $2000+ crowd here.
Old 12th July 2005, 08:38 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pburke
Guido,

what's the word on putting the XO3 into the infamous Toshiba SD-3950? Has anyone done that already that you know of? I know the clock is 27mHz in there, but the SPDIF output pin? There's like 150 pins on the main chip.

Peter (hoping to be able to spend another $150 on this $35 player )

Hi Peter

I heard good things on the 3950. Puttig a new clock in will improve the player up to the level limitted by its' own potential. SPDIF could be traced back from its' original output back to the source.

Moneywise it is worth the effort as long as you find the improvement in line with the investment, to me the initial (buying) price doesn't count then.....

cheers
Old 12th July 2005, 05:25 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido Tent

Hi Peter

I heard good things on the 3950. Puttig a new clock in will improve the player up to the level limitted by its' own potential. SPDIF could be traced back from its' original output back to the source.

Moneywise it is worth the effort as long as you find the improvement in line with the investment, to me the initial (buying) price doesn't count then.....

cheers
I'll see if I can trace the SPDIF to the chip - got a spare 3950 on my parts shelf for those projects.

as for the money, I know what the XO did in my DAC, especially with the cleaner power, so it will most likely be a very significant gain over the el-cheapo clock that's in the Toshiba now.

Peter

Hide this!Advertise here!