Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd June 2005, 07:20 PM   #1
guytou is offline guytou  France
diyAudio Member

Default laser pickup for YAMAHA CDX 810

Hi everybody , my YAMAHA is skipping a lot , so I would change the pickup (ref. is TAOHS-JP3). The price i have found here locally is 200 USD !!! Does anybody know a source of supllying at a better price ?
Thanks in advance .
Old 23rd June 2005, 07:34 PM   #2
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

From what I found on the TAOHS-JP1, the price looks reasonable but indeed expensive for a laser unit.

Edit: from you post here it looks like the price went up with $50 in just 2 weeks. Better buy it at $150 if you still can.

/Hugo
Old 23rd June 2005, 09:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi netlist , the only price I found was a retailer here in marseille , and the price was 150 Euros (hors taxes) , what is more or less 200 USD , I think .
In fact I did a mistake on the currency .
Anyway , i got a TAOHS-JP1 from an old Yamaha i bought on a fleamarket , but it seems the blocks have not the same wiring neither the same construction , it seems I could'nt replace one with the other.
Old 24th June 2005, 06:26 AM   #4
bawang is offline bawang  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

This thread attracted me because I own a Yamaha CDX-520 (if my memory is still ok). It's laser died 5 years ago, but I'm still keeping the whole unit. Can't seem to find anybody that can fix it here in Sabah, Malaysia........ Still love that little player.....
Old 25th June 2005, 10:13 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bawang
This thread attracted me because I own a Yamaha CDX-520 (if my memory is still ok). It's laser died 5 years ago, but I'm still keeping the whole unit. Can't seem to find anybody that can fix it here in Sabah, Malaysia........ Still love that little player.....

Hi bawang ,from the list I've found another post,most of the CDX of the recent release are equipped with KSS 210 wich is easy to find on the net and cheap ,while the older release (my 810 is 1986-7)comes with this TAOHS LU .The best for you is to open the CDP , check the sticker on the laser unit , if is KSS... you'll have for some dollars on the net and then replace yourself , there is even on the net some sites wich show you the way to follow , step by step , with even pictures .

netlist , could you have a talk with me about you've found on TAOHS . THIS , at least , would remain helpful in my case .
Old 27th June 2005, 12:03 AM   #6
bawang is offline bawang  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Hello guytou, thanks. Will try. Have to dig up the CDP from my pile of junk though.......
Old 27th June 2005, 08:21 AM   #7
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by guytou
netlist , could you have a talk with me about you've found on TAOHS .
Well, other than the fact that I can buy a JP1 for about the same price as you can buy a JP3, there's not a lot to tell. If I had access to Yamaha service I could ask a few question, unfortunately I haven't.

/Hugo

Hide this!Advertise here!