Grease

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As opinions seem to conflict, particularly about silicone, I'd appreciate recommendations of lubricants for:
(a) metal axle of laser unit
(b) plastic gears of transport
I was about to use, for (a): Servisol Silicone Grease, and for (b): Vaseline, but I could be dissuaded.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Different manufacturers use different lubricants for each. For nylon gears you are reasonably safe using a small amount of white grease. The transverse assy (or sled ...) may use anything from Diamond oil (Denon 52900540007) to something thick and gooey as in an older Pioneer. Graphite grease has been discontinued from use by almost all I think.

-Chris

Hi,

I use a mix of petroleum jelly and WD40. The jelly prevents the WD40 that is released over time from the mix to evaporate and mantain lubrication, the jelly itself will also help in lubrication.

I use this mix on the transport itself, that bearing in particular would need a very small amount, so the petroleum jelly would not be as efficient in preventing the WD40 to evaporate.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.