remove saa7030

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
drews said:
What about the sound? Is the same like the other cd-player that use TDA1541 and SAA7210 (zero oversampling) or better?

Ciao
Andrea

You are asking the wrong person. I do not like the TDA1541, with or without the A and have tried this NOS stuff and found it to be inconsistent at best.
You best address TDA type questions to the High Priests of the Cult of the TDA1541. As an infidel I am not allowed to mention their names but search the forum and by their words ye shall know them.

Lourens said:

And how does it sound and perform as a transport?
The main drawback of not being a follower of an audio cult like that of the TDA1541 or the 300B is that one lacks the drive of a fanatic so things take longer than they should. That being said,if I can avoid feature creep, I'll have it working by the end of the week.

What pagan DAC are you using with it, then?
Lourens

A modified Audionote DAC3. YM3623B-DF1700-2xPCM63

Wow... and working by the end of the week, that should be great. I hope you will share this project with us, one day -- not being a fanatic, but rather as a nostalgic with high expectations on the performance of those old, heavy weight cdm1 equipped Philips and Marantz cdp's as a transport, in combination with a modern DAC;)
I have some 104's, 204's, and above all a beautiful CD74 lying around to start with...

Wish you lots of succes!
Lourens

Hi rfbrw

I did. For reasons of convenience. The empty holes provided easy access to the SAA7000. I also connected the inputs of the TDA1540's to ground.

Thanks again for the advice, wil do the same. At least this mod will help compare the 1540 to 1541A, so I can then choose the appropriate cult.

Best wishes with your SPDIF mod

Cheers

Richard

What about the I-V and Filter section? Op275 instead on JRC4560 or whic better?

Hi Pisky

My CD 202 is using the NE5532 op amp. I am planning on also building Thorsten's valve output stage and connecting directly to pin 22 of the TDA 1540 dac, thereby pybassing the cd's original output.

see link
http://thunderstoneaudio.nav.to/
under
Thermionic Valve Analogue Stages for Digital Audio

also see an update
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...?threadid=54817

Titled: "Thorsten's Valve Output Stage with TDA1541DAC"

This may be an alternative

Hope this helps

Cheers

Richard

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Gentlemans-I'm really fed up with my CD303 ;
few years ago-I just replace every electrolityc cap and almost everything was OK .
I made one mistake- without too much thinkering ,I increase caps in power supply,and that resulted in changed RC constants for +12 and - 12 V supplys ; hehe-that resulted in not proper timings of (some MAB ?) processor and I must repeat several times powering on and off to achieve working mode (you already know-no leds in selection bar and offten some hyerogliphes on timing display) .
I just realize that few days ago ;
so-after long time I started to use my CD303 again ;I just even planned this days to dismantle power supply and return to old values of caps-to achieve proper on state ; but-one day ,after few hours of playing,suddenly I lost right channel and all I got is still music from left and strong hiss from right .
first thing was to check TDAs-swapp places and-suddenly everything is OK!! seems that only intermitent contact in TDA's socket was issue.

last malfunction (just few days ago ) : I forgat to shut down my workshop system (where CD303 is) in evening ; in the morning,I realize that and just pushed play on CD ; surprise!!!!!
now I don't have anything in spks ;
Ok-,I have incomplete service manuall ,so I started checking power supply voltages-everything is OK .
voltages on both DACs look OK.
few tricks from my Pal's Euras CD missed ("diode near upper right corner on lower PCB" ) etc
just one strange thing-on one NE5532 I have almost twice needed voltages on outputs and on the other NE I have 10 times lover voltages ,according to manual .
yes-I tried to replace both NE5532

now I'm just tired with old ****** .
anyone have any Idea about that malfunction...........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.