what mechanism in the Arcam Delta250?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, i did a search thoroughly and googled as well for info of the Arcam Delta250 transport and it was futile. I am offered for cheap the D250 with tray gear problem and its skipping tracks as well. Hoping to restore it.

Can anyone advice on the type of mechanism used on the D250, and which old players use the same?

Thanks in advance.

kora said:
I thought Arcam used Sony mechanisms. The CDM 9 (and the CDM 5) are Philips?
I think the Arcam Alpha1 is Sony. the majority of the other models eg. Alpha5, 5plus, 9, DElta170 transport...etc uses philips. I have the Delta170 with me, it has the philips cdm1mk2. The rest of the models are mostly using philips cdm9, if i am not wrong.

Bare said:
You are assuming that it's broken..Likely the thing just needs a Clean and Lube, perhaps a cable reinsertion.

yes, i am assuming more or less the worse case, and therefore need the information on the types of mechanism(and make sure they are still available types! try looking for CDM1!) before i can make the decision to purchase.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.