Does digital data inverted results in analog signal inveted?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
rfbrw said:
[snip] Every logic device all the way up to Collosus and Skynet, is ultimately made up of simple gates, so yes it can be done with simple gates.

He said SOME simple gates. Collosus and Skynet are not made up of SOME simple gates. Your statement is totally irrelevant, notwithstanding your distortion of his statement.

Jan Didden

Later tonight, I'm going to have a bit of fun with some CDs. I'll rip a few .WAV files from CDs using EAC, load the resulting files into Matlab, and determine the "average value" of a bunch of different tracks. Just to see how relevant that dreaded "1 LSB error" actually is, and to check an aforementioned theory that CDs are mastered using -0.5LSB as "zero". Bets, anyone? :D

and here's a co-worker's thoughts on the issue - "ohmigod, a 1 LSB offset? that's terrible! you're creating a spurious tone 96dB down at zero Hz! that will intermodulate with everything! and think of all the harmonics, i bet it's not even a clean tone!"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.