Marantz CD 7300 Tuning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
clock distribution is totally different. Dac's masterclock comes from the MP3 decoder's pll and that gets it from the CD decoder. Decoder again from pll with xtal and fed with scl/sda signals coming out of the CD decoder. Eh.

DAC has dig filter inside and output filter. Output buffer is 2 hdam modules in series.

I'm not throwing out my cd63:D

I get visions of the dac's clock being altered by the mp3's samplerate :eek: Not shure bout that though.

Anybody has one? Does it sound good?:confused:

Still wondering if it is that bad. Clock upgrade will be useless, you need to alter clock distribution for that. Maybe the mod here is to kick out the mp3 chip.

Dont know the dac.

Anyways, a picture tells more than a thousand words:D

There is more from where that came from btw;)

Attachments

• naamloos.jpg
    naamloos.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 564
to Gasho

This post is refering to Gasho (zagreb) since I can't reach through email. I'm also a fersh engineer from the same departement of electroacustics as you are. Made my diploma work by prof. Ivancevic on jitter problems. I have wondered if you have done any of Elso's Clocks. I'm now making his Kwak 7 and have encountered several problems. I'd be greatful if you could email me on josip.poljicanin@zg.t-com.hr

guido said:
Still wondering if it is that bad. Clock upgrade will be useless, you need to alter clock distribution for that. Maybe the mod here is to kick out the mp3 chip.

Dont know the dac.

Anyways, a picture tells more than a thousand words:D

There is more from where that came from btw;)

Horrible architecture ! And they keep using HDAM modules that sound and measure worse than an average OPA134.

An additional PLL, VCXO based, just in front of the DAC chips will help.

best

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.