Tent Clock Problem.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I installed a 27mhz XO2 Tent clock into my Samsung HD841. It worked for about an hour than the transport freaked out and the screen went green. Cycling power does nothing. Im still getting 1.75volts at the clock output, with 3.5v input. I however cant seem to see a waveform on the scope. Its just a straight line. When I first installed the clock I saw the waveform when I was checking things out. The player is acting like it doesnt have a clock, when you power it up the screen just says load. The transport doesnt spin, the drawer wont even open. Can anyone help me out here. Is it possible the crystal died? Even though I still measure voltage?

3.5v input into the crystal. 1.75 out from the crystal, but Im not seeing any waveform on the scope. When I first installed the clock I had the waveform, but now that the player is in a funky state Im not seeing any waveform. I am correct thinkin that no cd spin, no tray open, no response to controls except power is clock related right?

3.5V input!??

audiokid25 said:
3.5v input into the crystal. 1.75 out from the crystal, but Im not seeing any waveform on the scope. When I first installed the clock I had the waveform, but now that the player is in a funky state Im not seeing any waveform. I am correct thinkin that no cd spin, no tray open, no response to controls except power is clock related right?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You need 5 Volts as power supply on the XO, not 3.5V.

Philippe

audiokid25 said:
Correct, the player works on 3.3v clock.

I also tried the above circuit but the output voltage (pin 5 of XO) is 5V .... just curious , may i know how did you get 3.3V ?

Guido had corrected the 22K and 56K resistors to be 2.2K and 5.6K respectively somewhere on this thread. Maybe you may want to try it and see if it works.

While troubleshooting, try not to turn on the CDP too long without the clock no signal , or else your lens may jerk/focus/vibrate then get damaged.

good luck !!

audiokid25 said:
I purchased the XO2 from guido, so getting 3.3v was a matter of changing a resistor value. Ok is there anyway to plug in the old crystal which is a 2 leg instead of guidos, I think the crystal is bad. It is looking very wierd on the scope.

The 2 leg crystal will not work on Guidos PSU module. The suggestion of CarlosFm is a better way to check if Guidos XO is bad and to confirm if your player is still working ..

cheers,
jomar

Well it turns out that the player was dead, and my scope was acting wierd. I have since installed Guidos clock in my Sony NS755V dvd/sacd player. It was extremely easy and the player sounds dramatically better. Guido quickly responded to all emails I had sent him. I also thought it was great that Guido didnt really want to just tell you how to do something, but rather give you the knowledge to figure it out. I learned a bit about the clock and surrounding circuit from this whole thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.