Philips cd650 transport problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello this is my first post so i hope i have included everything

My cd650 seems to have devoloped some serious gremlins. When the unit powers, on the transport spins up without a disc inside. with a disc in, the player will not read and the transport does not stop to eject the disc so it comes out spinning.

I have opened it up and tried to trace the fault, as near as i can tell it is between the main pcb and the pcb under the transport. When the 5 pin connector between them is disconnect the problem disappears.

Is this a problem with the transport (CDM2/10) or the board?

Any help would be really appreciated

schonning0 said:
My cd650 seems to have devoloped some serious gremlins. When the unit powers, on the transport spins up without a disc inside. with a disc in, the player will not read and the transport does not stop to eject the disc so it comes out spinning.

It looks like the player is running without the clock.
The oscillator is controlled by the SAA7220 digital filter, maby it went kaput?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
There’s a myriad of problems with the CD650, and some of the solutions are rather tricky. I’ll have an in-depth look at the schematic and the faults mentioned in this thread and will post possible solutions in the next few days.
Meanwhile it’s a good idea to resolder the pcb’s as many errors are related to bad solder joints.

/Hugo :)

After checking my 650, I found that the -2 of the 5 pin connect on the "Supply+Decoder PCB" is 0 voltage. According to the schematic,the voltage should be -10+-2 V.Could anyone tell me what components maybe damaged?

Is that lacking of Voltage before or after a connection-wire to the decoder pcb? If so check connectors.
I had the same problems with a CD 640, after checking all connectors (grey ones with variable amounts of wires) , specially the ones with power connection.
Of my cd640 one wire of a connector failed. A few Years later another wire disconnected and now a MAB 8461P processor is dead, no drawer function anymore, have load cd by hand, so be careful.

CD650

tubee said:

Is that lacking of Voltage before or after a connection-wire to the decoder pcb? If so check connectors.
I had the same problems with a CD 640, after checking all connectors (grey ones with variable amounts of wires) , specially the ones with power connection.
Of my cd640 one wire of a connector failed. A few Years later another wire disconnected and now a MAB 8461P processor is dead, no drawer function anymore, have load cd by hand, so be careful.

The lacking of Voltage is before a connection-wire to the decoder pcb.I also check the connect itself. The connect is fine.I checked the 5 pin voltage (+2,+1,G-1,-2) which were +12v,+5v,0,-5v,0.
The -2 should be at -12v. I also checked the op's voltage which were 12 and -12v.So I wonder if some conponents is dead after the power,but I don't have the complete schematic to verified.

I have a CD 640 manual, but this is (a little) different from your 650 i think. Unfortunately is my USB scanner offline because i'm now using a non USB Compaq, old but works fine.

With my cd 640 -2 is -9 V +/- 2 V it splits up from a transistor in -2 and -2A.

-2A goes to FTS/control display PCB. -2 to Servo pcb.

The (1N4002) rectifier diodes maybe dead,or in the connection from power supply to mains transformer is something wrong, check those wires too.

There is a small transistor between -2A and -2 also, a small BC818/16 SMD one, check if you have something like that, the BC818 maybe dead also.

The transformer has a lot of branches/voltages, maybe the branch to the PS has no AC on it? Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.