Genesis Digital Lens Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
genesis time lense

I don't have the schematic -but I changed the caps to Blackgate and the 1N4148 diodes to GenSemi UG06B and the difference is night and day.Better everything.Experimenting with the main chip.I've tried faster speed but they don't work.The one in there now is AM27C256 -120 nanoseconds. I have - on the way - 150 nanoseconds.I'll let you know if it's better.I get a loud pop every now and then(digital noise).Seems to be less than before.I used Blackgate FK series.The voltage regulators can be changed also from Reference Audiomods - a little pricey though.

Mike

genesis time lense

The chip is the same as what's in there already just faster or slower processing.I replaced AM27C256-120 with a ......-150 nanoseconds yesterday and it doesn't work as well either.I get digital noise on certain transients.Therefore-slower or faster speed is not an inprovement.I have several UG06B diodes you can have if you want them.I think there are 5 or 6.Other than the caps and diodes - I don't have any other suggestions on upgrades.

Mike
:bawling:

I know this is an old thread but I am hoping somebody can still respond.
I have a Genesis Digital Time Lens in grat shape. It works fine with 44.1 Khz signals and it detects the 48 Khz signal but it is not passing it though so I am not getting any output at that rate.

Doea naybody know who can check the unit or have the schematics so i can get somebody to check it?

Thanks.

I would be intrested in one as well...maybe Paul mcGowan can be so nice since we are avid fans from day one (I had at one stage four of them and not to make profit) with this "ancient" machine.

Besides that I am also wondering if I can upgrade further with an excellent clock with dedicated psu.

Does it give out 75 ohm since the original BNC was never realised in that position (marks on the print) so an RCA is there chosen for sheer compatibility.

What happens with two lenses hooked up in serie...I read somewhere that it improved even furthermore..:D

Just a few questions that keep me away at night :joker:

When I changed to BNC,to me- it sounded better than RCA.Less digital sounding.Back then,it was a great improvement on digital.Now -it may not be the case.A better clock may not be possible with the different frequencies needed-but I could be wrong.I don't think you can improve it as is.

Mike

When I changed to BNC,to me- it sounded better than RCA.Less digital sounding.Back then,it was a great improvement on digital.Now -it may not be the case.A better clock may not be possible with the different frequencies needed-but I could be wrong.I don't think you can improve it as is.

Mike

Thanks BNC mod is done in 15 minutes :D

What do you mean different frequencies...is it not that it has two clocks...do you mean they differ say eg. 16 and 11 Mhz :confused:

It can be improved ...I got ridd of those horrible printtransformers shaking the board to bits and loud as hell....so I made an external power supply....very well noticeable musically speaking....also new/different elcos were a nobrainer...

I'm not sure if it has different clocks for digital frequency sources.Look around in there and see if you can find the x-stal or crystals for the clock.I also changed the caps to Rubycon ZA and couldn't hear the difference.Changing and moving the transformer sounds like a good upgrade.DId you do anything to the diode bridge?Could be an upgrade with some Schottky non-switching diodes with proper voltages.

Mike

I'm not sure if it has different clocks for digital frequency sources.Look around in there and see if you can find the x-stal or crystals for the clock.I also changed the caps to Rubycon ZA and couldn't hear the difference.Changing and moving the transformer sounds like a good upgrade.DId you do anything to the diode bridge?Could be an upgrade with some Schottky non-switching diodes with proper voltages.

Mike

Hi Mike,

No but that is certainly on my to do list...as well as regulators.;)

Same output problem

Hi musicman59:

I have exactly the same problem with my Digital lens. do you already repaired it?

Thank you.

I know this is an old thread but I am hoping somebody can still respond.
I have a Genesis Digital Time Lens in grat shape. It works fine with 44.1 Khz signals and it detects the 48 Khz signal but it is not passing it though so I am not getting any output at that rate.

Doea naybody know who can check the unit or have the schematics so i can get somebody to check it?

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.