Better to tweak a Marantz CD 67 or 6000?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

beeing a strong believer that Marantz CDPs are an excellent base for modding, which one would you recommend?

The CD 67 or the CD 6000?

As far as I know they are both very similar, but the CD 6000 having two DACs in a dual differential mode - not necessarely better though!

Any comments are more than welcome,

Thank you

Hi,

both players are very similar from the technical point of view but the cd6000 using 2 DAC-Chips, each for one channel. The laser, power supply, servo system and so on are the same.

I have tweaked both. The CD6000 looks even better, thats the only difference i can see ;)

From the acustical point of view i am not able to say which player is better. I will try an XO clock soon, maybe then the difference getting more clear.

Michael

@ hanszl2001 and @cartman

there are some differences between 6000 and 67 mkII of course but eric" already has a "6000"... and as i mentioned earlier, these differences are not as big as if you compare the 6000 to the 43/53/63 or the 67 first series.

All these tweaks will work also for any player: mechanical improvement e.g. bitumen pads, bluetac (did i spell it correctly?), additional foil caps for decoupling the power supply, better and maybe bigger caps in the power supply... and the main improvement: better XO clock system like tent and several others. I only know/using the tent and i am very happy with it.

all the tweaks in the www working well with all these marantz players ;)

cheers
Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.