PC motherboards with ADAT on the way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Intel has announced its new D955XBK board for the Dual core p4s, one interesting thing i noticed was that it has an ADAT interface (out only or in/out i can not find out yet)

anyways that means you will be able to get optical 8 channel 24 bit output from your PC without even buying a special sound card. but you will need an a/d - d/a converter or something that has one in it.

what I am wondering is, how hard would it be to build? I have a Creamware A16 from a few years ago, and that is 2x the channels, older, and a commercial unit, and it was around $600 if i remember correctly.

so half it for it being half the channels, and half again for being DIY maybe one could be done for around $150 (very rough guess) it might be worth it.

(but then you have to tame the noise from the 130 watt dual core P4 monster to hear all the nice sounds) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.