Regarding sound difference when reclocking

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a Pioneer PD77 which is essentialy the same as PD65,PD95. I use it as a transport into a good external dac, 805set monobock amps into Martin logan monolith III speakers bottom end being driven by Theshold sand. It is a very high resolution system. But also very sweet and dynamic.

Yesterday is slipped in the highly regarded Sonic Frontiers Ultra Jitterbug between the transport and Dac, and yes I thought to myself it does seem to be smoother and a bit more relaxed, the after a couple of more tracks, thought to myself something is missing, it seemed to be the excitment in the music as though things were being constrained to much, the smoothness and relaxed sound that I heard seemed to be at the expense of dynamic swing and openness.
I have'nt had a chance to go back again i'll dothat today.

Can anyone give me there opinions on the sound differences they've heard with reclocking, forget giving me jittter specs and measurements, it's the final ear measurement that i want to know about.

Cheers George

georgehifi said:
I've got a Pioneer PD77 which is essentialy the same as PD65,PD95. I use it as a transport into a good external dac, 805set monobock amps into Martin logan monolith III speakers bottom end being driven by Theshold sand. It is a very high resolution system. But also very sweet and dynamic.

Yesterday is slipped in the highly regarded Sonic Frontiers Ultra Jitterbug between the transport and Dac, and yes I thought to myself it does seem to be smoother and a bit more relaxed, the after a couple of more tracks, thought to myself something is missing, it seemed to be the excitment in the music as though things were being constrained to much, the smoothness and relaxed sound that I heard seemed to be at the expense of dynamic swing and openness.

Can anyone give me there opinions on the sound differences they've heard with reclocking, forget giving me jittter specs and measurements, it's the final ear measurement that i want to know about.

Cheers George

Jitter induces distortion when converting data to analog, that is what you hear (or not when using low jitter clock)

cheers

georgehifi said:

Cheers George

Jitter induces distortion when converting data to analog, that is what you hear (or not when using low jitter clock)

cheers

georgehifi said:

Cheers George

Hi George, Any reclocking should be done after the digital input receiver and after the digital filter if present. Even then I have my doubts about it's effectiveness....
Better install a low jitter clock in the transport and tweak the SPDIF to the max. or use I2S direct, if possible.:smash:

Jocko Homo said:
Let's just say that I don't regard it the same way. Different, yes; better, not in my book. Lots of reasons.........all techno-speak.
Jocko

Yeah, reminds me those Audio Alchemy DTI/DTI Pro thinggies.
Highly regarded...
The sound was way better without them.

And curiously (or not) I've seen measurements that showed they in fact increased jitter.:clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.