Marantz cd-67se problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm having problems with my cd-67se. when I incert a disc it will spin one way then spins the opposite way and then stop and the display reads disc. This problem happens sporadically. Some of the time it will spin and the disc will be recognized.
When this happens it does spin it doesn't seem to spin smoothly. When checked with a volt meter you can watch the needle oscillate.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Hi Tony,

It might be time to search for circuit diagram and CRO.... Try to get both.

There's TDAxxxx IC that does servo control, it is clocked by ceramic resonator - check the clock signal here...

There's also main Xtal clocking DAC, check this signal (16MHz) as well.

Follow the RF path from the CD mechanism to decoder IC. There's an amplifier / low pass filter containing two transistors... Check here for a proper signwave signal...

The problem is in digital section!

Good luck
Extreme_Boky

Hi Tony!

I had the identical problem with my cd-63se! I went for a new laser pickup and since I have changed the pickup my cd-63se works like new!!
I think the pickup is the same in the cd67se as in mine! It is called Philips cdm 12.1 and is sold on the internet for about 30-40 Euro. But go and check first.

Hope I could help you to solve your problem!

Dominik

:D

I think you might have problem with servo control circuitry. I would go for a circuit diagram and probably study it for a while. Figure how the focus, tracking, spindle, laser ON and sled signals are generated and check if they are there. You should probably check for stable clock signal at the servo IC first, as I mentioned, it is done on the cheap with Xtal resonator and I know they go off...

You could also try replacing a chip at the time and hope you'll get lucky.

Keep us informed of the progress...

Regards,
Extreme_Boky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.