Strange problem with Clock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I installed and run now Hoer Wege master clock on my Rotel 991.Everything is ok,resolution is increases.But I have one problem.Looks like I have now too much highs.
I sended email Stephan,he told me running time for clock is around 3-6 days and all will be ok.I put it on replay mode for 4 days,still this problem exists.

Do you have idea why,and how I can fix this problem?May be clock is bad?Or may be I need to find chinch cable to correlate it?

Did you have any other mods?
For example, if you replace opamps to higher-speed devices, sometimes it's lead to unstability problem at signal transients. It sounds like "bright" highs.
You need a good scope with low-capacitance probe to check it, and a test disk with square-signal, any reasonable frequency is OK. (Be careful - turn off power amplifier before applying this test!!!). At opamp's outputs, observe waveform around signal transient - if any significal ringings are present, that's is the answer.

I use my nick at each accessible network place, just for life simplicity. :D
I remember your posted story about caps replacement, did it really harsh sound at highs so much?

In my CDP, original HCU04-based clock was replaced with PECL-based clock, and there is good audible improvements. But I say "original", when its schematics is properly tweaked, sound differences (compare to PECL) becomes neglible. The goal is to save original pcb layout, without "glued-on-air" components.

It is not related to my caps replacement (elna vs. BG).It is another story.I put Audyn Cap 0.1 uF between +- capacitors in main analog supplies.It gives me some effect of "clear voices",but also effect of "high highs volume".Removing this capacitor brings all in place. I actually have right now very optimal sound,I even didn't opened my Rotel for over 2 weeks!:).Funny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.