Pionner 565 problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My dvd-player has given up at an early age. Every time I power it up, it states the familiar “Pioneer” in the display, then “welcome”, but the next thing on the display is “close”. That’s a bit ironic, because no matter what I do I can’t get the drive to open.
I press the eject-button but nothing happens at all. The drive or bay (Don’t know the English word for it) remain closed no matter what I do.

I have tried to reset the machine but that didn’t help at all.

It does accept “input” though. If I push the “Next” button, it displays “Track 1”, but then again the “Close”-message.

I vagely remember somebody writing about a similar problem with his Pioneer-machine, but I havn’t been able to find the post. Has anyone had similar experiences, or better yet, does anybody know, what to do with it?

There is a limit switch that senses whether the tray is fully open, fully closed, or somewhere in between. It sounds like there is a problem with that switch.

Remove the AC power. Take off the top cover of the unit. Then take off the bridge across the top of the transport. Look down on the left front side of the transport and you will see a white pulley. Rotate it with your fingers for about 10 turns and the drawer will begin to open. Once this happens you can pull the drawer out to its normal extended position.

Then look at a rectangular opening at the left rear of the drawer. You will see a white plastic retaining hook. Depress this with a screwdriver and you can pull the drawer out completely.

The limit switch is in the right front of the transport, with a blue paddle. You can either disassemble and attempt to repair, or else replace it. I believe that the correct part number is VWG2426.

Good luck!

Charles Hansen said:
There is a limit switch that senses whether the tray is fully open, fully closed, or somewhere in between. It sounds like there is a problem with that switch.

Remove the AC power. Take off the top cover of the unit. Then take off the bridge across the top of the transport. Look down on the left front side of the transport and you will see a white pulley. Rotate it with your fingers for about 10 turns and the drawer will begin to open. Once this happens you can pull the drawer out to its normal extended position.

Then look at a rectangular opening at the left rear of the drawer. You will see a white plastic retaining hook. Depress this with a screwdriver and you can pull the drawer out completely.

The limit switch is in the right front of the transport, with a blue paddle. You can either disassemble and attempt to repair, or else replace it. I believe that the correct part number is VWG2426.

Good luck!

Okay, the top cover is off. The bridge across the transport was no problem either but I can’t locate the white pulley you mention.

I have taken a picture of the tray. Maybe it looks different from what you think. (or maybe it is just me…)

Attachments

• pict0001reduced.jpg
    pict0001reduced.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 117
Okay, found the pulley and managed to remove the drawer. You said the limit switch was in the right front of the transport, with a blue paddle.

I have marked the only blue paddle I could find with an arrow. It is in the left side of the transport. Is that the one?

Is it possible to test it, even though I have removed the drawer? – I have tried to gently push it down, replicating the way the drawer would push it down when it would be closed, but no luck. The display is still giving me the “Close”-message.

Thank you for your help so far. It is GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• pict0012reduced2.jpg
    pict0012reduced2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 86
Yes, that is the paddle for the switch. (Sorry, I was going from memory and told you the wrong side previously.)

Now that the drawer has been removed, you can remove the entire transport from the chassis for improved access. There should be three FFC cables plus a power cable. The FFCs just pull straight out, there is no locking mechanism.

Once the transport has been removed, you can remove the board with the switch. It just snaps in place with three plastic hooks. The blue paddle does not press down. It moves front to rear, with a "neutral" position straight up.

When you re-assemble everything, be sure that the post at the front of the transport is aligned with the triangle marker. Then the drawer may be re-inserted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.